Good Morning Thursday 18th April 2024

Good morning all, it is supposed to rain again today though at the moment it doesn’t look like it, the showers never appeared yesterday either.

Took a dog on my morning walk around the local streets.

The dog is now recovering from its ordeal (which it enjoyed very much)

I also have a grandson in the package deal:

If he takes his eyes off his Switch for long enough we will go shopping soon. His mother and elder brother are on the train to Sydney to go to a show there, they won’t be back until very late tonight.

For obvious reasons not much planned for the rest of the day, though I might get him to help me in the garden and put the bins out.

Anyway have a good one.

4 Likes

Howdy ya’ll

Bruce, sweet pictures! Kids at that age are previous, and the dog does look like in recovery. Are those mountains in the background?

Not much happened today. Good work progress with team members. That’s always a good feeling.

Back home now wanting really badly brush out the sutures. I get to see the doctors around the 22nd to get those out. Can’t wait! it truly are the small things in life that brings happiness.

Trying really hard to get some studying in, go to bed, say a prayer, and hoping for a wonderful day repeat tomorrow.

Have a great evening/ day all!

2 Likes

Good morning even thoujgh it is only 3.30am, i couldn’t sleep. Had notification my new camera lens will be delivered today, so looking foreward to trying it out. This is the second company I had to go to as the first had it advertised even though they had sold it 2 weeks earlier. But they did refund my money and rang to say sorry it was an oversight they should have spotted.

3 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m not working today but there is a jobs fair being held locally so I shall endeavour to make myself look respectable and see what’s on offer.

I really feel like getting down to the coast for a few hours and blowing away the cobwebs with some fresh sea air. The weather isn’t great tomorrow but it isn’t awful either. I might just plan a trip to Brighton with my son, there’s a really nice seafront pub that we like for a couple of drinks… just to avoid the rain of course :wink:

fortune-brighton-7-optimised-1908109070
Fortune-of-war-pub-on-Brighton-beach-450-350187986

This afternoon I’ll be potting some geraniums and seed sowing… possibly basil :wink::+1:

Have a nice day forum people! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s the escarpment behind Wollongong, it is part of the Great Dividing Range. The range is 3,500 kilometres (2,175 mi) in length and runs along the whole east coast of Australia. In the north it starts from Dauan Island off the northeastern tip of Queensland. In Victoria the range turns west and ends at the Grampians in western Victoria.

We don’t really have mountains, Australia is a very flat continent which is partly why it is so dry. Mount Kosciuszko is the tallest mountain peak in mainland Australia at 2,228 meters (7,310 feet) tall, hardly a bump compared to the Himalayas or the Alps for example.

Many decades ago I drove to the summit of Mt Kosciuszko that’s how steep it is, you are not allowed to do that now but you can walk up it.

main-qimg-c694bca0ebfab95e36cdec08a61447db-pjlq

2 Likes

Morning all – very cold last night (3c) – I had to put the heating back on!! This morning we have bright sunshine which is forecast to last the whole day.

Lovely photos Bruce – good luck in getting your grandson to help out in the garden!

Did very little yesterday except managing to hobble around the shop to replenish supplies (think ancient crone!).

Today meeting with a group of friends for our weekly coffee and cake get together – one has undergone a serious operation but hopes to be with us today, hope so. Had a text from the pharmacy yesterday that my prescription is ready to be collected (wonder if they will manage not to lose this one!).

Daily Beastie report: She seems much better today – ate all her breakfast, ignored me when I tried to pet her and only made me wait 5 minutes next to the open door until she decided to go out! So it seems things are back to normal. I will have a little chat with her regular servants when they return as her recent behaviour has made me realise they have left no instructions on what to do or who to contact if she has an accident or becomes ill.

Take care – have a lovely day

1 Like

cold here agin this morning, my computer showed 5c degrees .

Good morning all :slight_smile: Enjoy your day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Foxy just checking in…Late again… :blush:
Hope everyone is full of the joys of spring…?
No walk today as the woman across the road had to take her car in for it’s MOT and I volunteered to pick her up and deliver her the hairdressers in town (note that I still call Doncaster a town, it’s too rubbish to be a city) Then it was off to Tesco for the weekly shop. McVities chocolate biscuits were on special offer, can the day get any better than this.
Got some lawn feed to put on the lawns now and the wind has dropped sufficiently, so most of it will feed my lawn and not someone else’s down the street, and with rain forecast for later I’d better get me skates on…
I must say Bruce, if I lived that close to that escarpment I’d be there exploring every day and never get anything done! It looks like you had quite a walk this morning judging by the state of the dog… :laughing:
Glad to hear the cat has returned to normal Sheila, probably missing her family yesterday, my cat was very independent and resilient…

There is a lot of tracks but also places you can’t go because of coal mines (the Bulli seam comes out in the slope). Its rainforest of course, there is a war time bomber crash site and lots of waterfalls, swimming holes and a scout and a guides camp.

Not my photos

2 Likes