Good Morning Sunday 2nd June 2024

Good Morning all on this quiet Sunday (I hope). Second day of winter and boy am I feeling the cold, will only get up to 18° or 19° today, anything below 20° is too cold as far as I am concerned.

I have been dragging bedding and dirty clothes out of my camper and car to wash and sort, looks like it will be sunny tomorrow so should get it done pretty quickly - hate it hanging about the house.

Going shopping this morning later I need a new pair of thongs (flip flops to you) and fuel. My poor car needs a service so will arrange that tomorrow. Otherwise today is a day of rest - though I might be tempted to fire up my 3D printer…

I thought you might like some statistics from my trip:

Distance travelled: 12,400 km
Fuel used: 1330 litres
Total accommodation: $1441
Total fuel: $2910
Average fuel price: $2.21/l
Fuel economy: 10.9 litres per 100km

What are you up to this Sunday?

4 Likes

G’Day to yer Bruccie…
Had a Barbie last eve and overdone the Cab Sav but the week has been Hard Yakka and the weeds have taken their Toll on me Blu’
Seems like your Thongs have exhausted themselves now so yeah good show…newbies is the way forward now…Brekky any time just awaiting for me Crumpets to Rise Up…
Sunday bring it ON… :upside_down_face:
arrhh and that was some Tripper you’ve had btw!

3 Likes

Morning me Olde Cobber! :innocent:

1 Like

:woman_shrugging: :clinking_glasses:

they have Risen now!
FRYING THEN NOW!!!

4 Likes

Good morning all!
Well that certainly was a trip and a half Bruce, seriously impressive. I bet you’ll really appreciate some quality time just mellowing out :+1:

Actually I’m glad you mentioned flip flops, I’d completely forgotten about my summer sandals, I’ve just dug them out although they need a a bit of a clean up and overhaul.
You might want to avert your gaze now Dianne, I wouldn’t want to put you off yer crumpets!

Just a pleasant typical Sunday for us, no pubs no partying :innocent:

Enjoy your day people!:sun_with_face::blossom::v:

4 Likes

Yes a qt one as usual…my chatter was just made up…Last evening I was franticly sewing my first Doggie Bed for our local Animal Charity and they have Fete on this day so having got behind…haha less about my behind the better though…yes so all in all a non party nite…was just showing off my Aussie slang!
Yes Crumpets who don’t like a crumpet or 4 :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes everyday I make sure I Laugh and Enjoy every moment as if it’s my last…Lesson to learn is that one…

4 Likes

Morning everybody! Big day today at work - and I missed the main alarm :astonished: Thankfully the back up one woke me up, and now I need to get a wiggle on. (Yesterday’s sunshine must have been too much of a shock to the system, heh!)

Have a lovely day everyone :wave:

5 Likes

Good luck at work Pixie :+1:

3 Likes

Good morning - That’s some tally on the trip Bruce.

A bright and sunny day ahead. Mrs mart has already hung out her 4 yards of material that is going to be made into something or other.

Family are likely to visit today. Nice to see them but I hope I’ll get a solitary hour or so to sit out in the garden. A pity two of our lot live in other countries but that’s just the way things are.

4 Likes

Morning all – another lovely sunny day :sunny:

Oh dear Bruce, how will you cope with it being that cold! :cold_face:

Enjoyed my trip to the shopping centre with my neighbours, although how anyone can spend 35 minutes choosing 3 birthday cards is beyond me! I eventually went outside and sat in the sun until they had made up their minds!

This afternoon I am going to a family get together – one of my brothers-in-law is having a birthday and his sister has organised a little party. I haven’t seen some of them for several months so it will be nice to catch up.

Take care – have a lovely day everyone

4 Likes

Good Morning From Foxy’s World… :heart:
Came home last night and enjoyed the comfort and quiet, of my own bed… :sleeping_bed:
Lots of tablets to sort out this morning, and then probably sit out in the sun…Mrs Fox insists that I take it easy, so I’ve put the mower back in the shed and might have to pass on my walk/jog for a day or two… :nerd_face:
I would expect nothing less Bruce, your stats are brilliant and something that I would probably have done. I hope you get used to the cold, below twenty are our summer temperatures… :astonished: Glad you’re home safe… :+1:

4 Likes

Bruce had me slinging the calculator about first thing this morning even before the coffee stopped percolating.

I would have had to have driven across the U.S. three time to equal that distance. What an outstanding journey! What’s next?

But thongs? I thought y’all called them “pluggers.” I can’t keep up :rofl:

OGF, happy you are safe and sound. The road will rise to meet you soon enough…

Sounding a bit like a broken record, I’m back to my date with the construction dumpster.

I hope you have a fine d!

2 Likes

It’s only 20c here at the moment, no sun, cloudy, very windy and much too cool for this time of year.
Temperatures should be in 30s!
“Scattered showers and sunny spells”, this is us now. :thinking:
What’s happened? I used to be skeptical about climate change, not anymore. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Good morning from cloudy wet and chilly BC 13C here. We’re in sprinter now (spring and winter)…little sun. But, we hope that all this cool wet weather will help with fire season–keep our forests damp.

Ahhhh the road trip… miss doing those. Loved road trips.

Ohhh those summer sandals…had a pair I wore for years…then they split on the sole, so I duct taped them…looked awful, and eventually I had to bid adieu to them. I’ve never been able to find another pair I like as much.

3 Likes

I think Australia is about the same size as the mainland USA (give or take) The big difference is the population our 25million compared to your 300million.

Size-of-Australia-compared-to-USA-on-a-Map

It’s the second time I have done it - first time was 7 years ago but it took a lot longer because it was all new and I stayed much longer in places (for example I spent a week in Broome)

I think they have always been thongs, I bought a new pair today.

I have been rugged up since I got back - hate the cold but it is worse since only a few days ago I was enjoying 30°+ days

2 Likes

Nothing like your own bed OGF, glad to hear you are home and recovering well.

1 Like