Busy good morning from me, a bit of gardening earlier on this warm sunny day (30°)
Am a bit torn at the moment, my middle son is with the Fed Guard at the 25th year Afghanistan commemoration at the War Memorial in Canberra but it also clashes with the start of the Bathurst 1000 at 11.30am. I am switching channels on the TV
Not a fan of the fake V8 Supercars but I do like to watch the Bathurst race intermittently during the day even though the circuit and the race is a shadow of its former self.
Brightish here in West Sussex but with a definite Autumnal chill in the air. In fact today I’m going to dig out my electric fleece with digital control box…so there!
It’s already been freshly laundered and ready for action, very useful.
Also it’s that time of year to crack open the Bovril
A nice warming drink before turning in, especially with a liberal sprinkling of pepper. Other than that just laid back Sunday stuff for today. I enjoy growing things so I’m going to plonk an already sprouting piece of Indian Ginger in a small pot and get it started.
Just a quick one today, the wife has decided at the last minute she needs to go outlet shopping for something, when she was planning to spend the day at home doing chores. Yesterday was our trip to a bird sanctuary and I was hoping to spend the day going through all my pics I took, which I guess I’ll have to put off for a bit. Beyond that, probably go for a walk somewhere if the weather holds up. Before all that, coffee, toasty sandwich and a cinnamon bun to follow.
Good morning!
Sunny & dry at the moment, but I have a suspicion that it will turn to rain later
As I’m retired I try not to shop at weekends when the supermarkets and roads are busy, but I’ve more or less run out of fresh food
I could manage OK with UHT milk & the freezer, but besides that I weighed myself this morning and it looks like being another summer that I haven’t lost any weight
So I’ll go to LIDL soon and stock up on salads, to see if I can lose a couple of kg by Christmas
Something I do have though is loads of canned sardines & mackerel; I’ve just counted and I have 27 cans!
I’m not over keen on canned fish, but I have them in a salad now & again
For a while now I’ve been buying a can or two whenwever I went shopping, thinking -
Oh, they’re healthy, I’ll have a can a week
Oh, I’ll have a sardine salad more often
Oh, they’re on offer, I’ll stock up
But not actually doing anything with them
So, I’ll try to make an effort
Must finish now and head for the shops, but remember not to buy any more canned fish
I remember Bovril when I was training with the GPO, one of the fitters I was with used to make Bovril for his morning tea so I did the same, as I remember it wasn’t a bad drink but I preferred going to a a cafe and having a cup of tea and a piece of cake.
You won’t have any trouble growing ginger, I have some in my garden, totally neglected but impossible to kill. They actually have a nice yellow flower and grow very tall especially for a plant that you only want the roots.
That rather sounds like my discovery of five packets of hash browns in my freezer, now I am using every excuse to use them up including making a sandwich out of one. (I cook them in my air fryer) I must admit I probably would prefer sardines in a sandwich.