Good morning Saturday 21st May

Good morning all, the sun is just coming up and looks like being a nice day again…

Feeling much better today after a decent night’s sleep and raring to go! We are visiting Rosemary’s brother in Derby today to treat him to a fish 'n chip lunch to cheer him up as he lives on his own and hasn’t been well recently, then maybe I’ll get an hour in the garden later on.

Hope you are all well and that you have a pleasant day :blush:

Morning Barry you are up bright and early as usual .
Have a lovely day .:slight_smile:

1 Like

good morning all
Just didn’t sleep as long as usual so decided to get up and have a coffee.

Wet and Cold, only reached 18°, haven’t been out except a quick dash to the garage.

Hope your day is better.

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone.

Going to be hot again - mid 60s by lunchtime - so that has killed my plans!

Not going anywhere anyway as am waiting for an Amazon delivery. Might just have to make a start on some C*******s Cards!

Have a fun day.

1 Like

Good morning!

It’s dull & cool at the moment, but looks like it will warm up later

I have a fleece jacket that I like; it’s old but not very worn, but the zip has packed up and I’d like to replace it
So I’ll catch a bus into town, have breakfast in Wetherspoons, then walk to a haberdashers just on the edge of the town centre and buy a zip

I should be back home before dinnertime, then hopefully fit the zip this afternoon, and the job will be done.

2 Likes

Good morning all, bright and sunny here.
Will be going into Town at Lowestoft at 8.15am this morning look around the shops, then this afternoon if the weather is good, I might visit our local Church take in the history as its dated 1300 and maybe sunbathe. Have a nice day all.

2 Likes

Morning all.

No plans yet. Bit too soon to start thinking about all that.

2 Likes

As befitting a wet and miserable federal election day I just set my TV to turn on at 6pm when the polling booths on the east coast close.

If it is a landslide (unlikely) then we will know the result soon after 7pm if it is close then we won’t know until after the WA booths close at 8pm AEST.

The polls are showing a win for Labor but that is what they said last time and look what happened then.

Between 30% and 50% of the people have cast pre poll votes (I voted over a week ago) because of this big surge in pre-polls they are going to start counting them earlier than normal - they are usually left to last and counted with postal votes.

Which ever party wins I think Scotty will be out on his ear afterwards - assuming Frydenberg doesn’t get rolled by the Independent - even his own party don’t like him.

1 Like

Good morning all :grinning: bright and sunny here, looks like a nice day ahead.

Looking forward to a visit from our son today.

Enjoy your day folks……

1 Like

Good morning everyone :slightly_smiling_face: dull and a bit chilly.

The 5 grandchildren have sports day today.I hope it stays fine for them.

I managed to get to see a doctor yesterday, she looked about 20 but was very sweet and has arranged an x ray of my spine.
I hope to do some jobs in the garden today, the slugs have eaten the french and runner beans I planted in the garden,it’s a good job I have backup plants in the mini greenhouse almost ready to plant out.

2 Likes

Morning.

Gardening day today!

Good morning everybody!

Yes, I’ll be in the garden today as well. Hope the rain stays off…I’m not a fan of rain potting! Other than that, just house tidying and general weekend things.

Have a lovely day everyone :wave:

1 Like

Morning everyone!

I’m going to be grandoggie sitting until 6ish. Eldest son and his fiance have gone to Alton Towers for his birthday treat.
Trying to think of places to take him…

Enjoy your Saturday!

Good morning folks

It’s cold rainy and miserable in SA. It’s currently 9 degrees Celsius with a low of 7. Winter has arrived with snow in some high lying areas.

I’m still slightly sick but getting stronger. Persistent cough and headache. Today will be spent in bed especially as the weather is so miserable!

1 Like

Huh! Another failure!

I Posted earlier that it was dull & cool, but it turns out it wasn’t just the weather

I had planned to go shopping, but very quickly felt cold, bleary & shivery; so I made a cup of strong sweet tea with a dose of whisky in it, and got back into bed
I got up about an hour ago and made a bacon butty & a couple of cups of coffee, but don’t feel that much better
I’m wearing warm clothes including a down filled body warmer, so I’ll just sit in my comfy chair and read, then probably have an early night

Hope to do my shopping next week sometime

Huh! again!

2 Likes

Morning all.

Felt pretty good this morning. The weather chilled down a lot last night. I used to love hot weather but the change was very drastic in the last couple days. It feels nice again now.

Watered yesterday. With the cooler weather, that should be good for a bit.

Plans for today include watching some tv shows and talking to my favorite person on the phone.

Have a blessed day everyone.

A silly time of time to say Good Morning all. :smiley:

Went to my Saturday yoga class today, then a quick call at the stationers on the way home.
I didn’t want to stop out too long because my Liffey only came home from the vets last night. She seems happy to be home and gobbled up all her breakfast today, but I will still keep an eye on her for a day or two.

It was dull all morning, but lovely and warm and sunny this afternoon. Got all my washing dry, so that’s another job done.
Beef & vegetable curry for tea tonight, with a bit of naan bread. Yummy. :smiley:

1 Like