Good Morning Saturday, 17th February 2024

Good morning all you Saturday shopping scallywags and salacious satyrs out there. (OK, alliteration is hard when you are hot)

It’s a warm one, just returned from the dog park with my grandson where he had a good run round, the dog enjoyed it too.

My T shirt is soaked in sweat, just cooling down before having the second cold shower of the day.

Have a good one…

3 Likes

Good morning Bruce :grinning:… I’m just off to bed to settle down with a good book.
See you at the darker end of the day … but lighter for me.

1 Like

It is after midnight in the UK though isn’t it? It is nearly noon here, have I got my timing wrong?

Good morning Bruce!!
I loved the first sentence of your post, there’s almost something disc jockeyish about it, as if any moment you’re going to play a cheery early morning record, Jambalaya by the Carpenters should do nicely :+1:

I’m on my second coffee, love the quiet and solitude of this time of morning, leaving home at 07.30 to set things up at a stadium for a nine hour shift in hospitality,looking forward to that, it’s nice to actually enjoy working!!

Have a lovely day all you forum people still slumbering and snoring… you know who you are! :sleeping: :wink:

1 Like

good morning all you forum addicts

7.30 here in the uk, did a brew at 4am got up at 6am. Brekkies, toast and coffee and watched the news

will do walkies about 9.30am round the lakes, see the birdies, might put the car through the car wash

1 Like

Morning everyone - another dull grey start to the day. Somewhat confused (not unusual!) at the different forecasts - one says we will get showers, the other says heavy rain! Definitely missing the Australian sunshine!

Currently watching the birds fighting over the bird feeder whilst having my 3rd coffee before clearing up the breakfast things then off to do some shopping with ironing planned for this afternoon - please try not to be jealous of my glamorous lifestyle!

Hope everyone has a great day

1 Like

Good morning everyone.

Bit of washing in the machine then onto the line and hope for the dry but overcast morning they have promised as is now. However won’t be the end of the World if it rains.

Have to pop to the community allotment plot this morning. was there yesterday giving first coat to the donated wooden rustic bench, I also replaced the one arm rest with a piece of old wooden rake, and gave it first coat of paint apart from the seat which needed to be checked. Todays plan is some filler into large slightly decayed areas on the top back support rail I put wood hardener in there last weekend so should be good, now it will of dried out due to being under cover will maybe put a coat of wood hardener onto the seating area if it not as bad once I have lightly sanded it. The bench has lived on this allotment for over 30 years but has had a decline since before covid when the old chap took ill he has given his plot up now but donated the bench to us he made it. I think I can relove it and restore it to ausable and love life. Chosen colour is Black Bean.

Then onto lunch with a friend at 1.30 loooking forward to it.

Home shower and read or relax with tv who knows.

1 Like

Good morning and felicitations forum frequenters… :sunglasses:
It’s good to hear that you enjoy your work Chilli. :+1:
I used to love jogging around Ackworth each morning with the post and meeting people with a cheery good morning and the occasional nag. You never remember the bad days with the wet and cold, and that was just visiting the toilet in the delivery office… :smile:
After I retired it was hard to resist running down peoples paths and sticking my hands in their letter boxes while running a half marathon around Worksop…No wonder my times were poor!
Still quite warm at 10 degrees C this morning, but Saturday being a rest day, it was just Tesco first thing. However, since I got home and had breakfast the sun is shining through the window and is warm on my back so I’m considering dusting off the bike and going out for a few miles.
:biking_man:

2 Likes