Good morning Monday 7th Feb

Good morning everyone, a frosty start here but a dry day ahead and warming up they say, so no complaints… :sunglasses:

I may start off some more seeds on the windowsill this week, and today I’ll be making a tagine for lunch, but no other plans as yet.

Wishing everyone a pleasant day :blush:

1 Like

A bit warmer (mid 20s) but still raining on and off though not enough to stop me going shopping and mowing the grass outside my block.

Got my walk in and now watching the evening news

Some good news:

Have a good one

1 Like

Good morning everyone

Start of another new week and the weather forecast is good loads of snowdrops here and daffes are about to flower too…spring is on its way :slight_smile: :grinning:

Off to source.some tiles today for a shower room…know what I want but I just want to double check

Have a good day everyone

1 Like

Hi

Good Morning Barry and all who follow.

A slightly warmer day forecast here.

Flood warnings in force for today and the garden is still sodden.

More sorting out of boxes today, I will be looking forward the big car boots starting next month.

Have a good day all.

1 Like

Haha, strange thing @Bruce , my sister in law is at this very moment on a flight from Darwin to Perth (QF851) to visit her daughter, landed in Darwin earlier from London Heathrow although I must admit she has had to jump through many hoops to get there!

Great news though, there will certainly but a run on tickets to your beautiful land, just wish it was me… :blush:

Morning, a bit frosty, dry though, bit of decorating now the light is better to be getting on with.

1 Like

Morning all.

Back from dog walk, now having breakfast. Will then dash in and out of the shower (so cold in that bathroom, being downstairs), then decide what to do.

1 Like

Morning all, nice clear start to the day, but the weather app is showing thick cloud later :frowning_face:

Our microwave packed up on Saturday, and after looking around we finally sourced what we wanted yesterday. We bought the same one again. In fact it’s the third almost identical m/w we’ve had, spanning about 20 years. Are we officially old now, do you think? Stuck just a little bit in the mud?

Hope you all have an enjoyable day :blush:

1 Like

As they say @Bathsheba , if it ain’t broke then why fix it… :blush:

1 Like

Good morning everyone!

Waiting for the washing machine men to come and uplift the machine from here, and I managed to arrange for a new one to get fitted into the new place on Wednesday.

It means that I can attack the kitchen floor now and get that up and out. Such a shame really as its only been down a few months, but that’s HA rules for you - leave the place bare :woman_shrugging:

Have a lovely day everybody :wave:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone! Enjoy your day all :slight_smile:

Monday = back to work :frowning:

1 Like

Morning Everyone from Foxy’s world… :039:
Had a good walk yesterday in a howling gale with a couple of showers, good job I went wrapped up…Walked passed this little village church where they have a snowdrop festival, and they are looking great…I’ll post a few more photos in ‘Bobs Bits’ later on…

It started off sunny this morning and 2* C but although its a little warmer 9* C it has clouded over with a sharp north wind making it feel a lot cooler, so it’s on with the bottoms and a swift 3 miler (plenty of jogging hopefully) then if the wind hasn’t got any stronger its up on the roof to take down a broken ariel that’s been hanging around since the last howling gale…

2 Likes

Good morning all.
Bright, sunny, but thick frost earlier this morning.

Just off to the vets to collect some meds for Liffey’s Cushings, then a quick call in at the shops for a few bits on the way home.
After that nothing in particular planned, so it’s anybody’s guess what I’ll do. :smiley:

1 Like

Good morning all :slightly_smiling_face: dry but very chilly.

I am off to the surgery shortly for a couple of blood tests then may call in the supermarket on the way home.

Enjoy your day folks….

1 Like

Good morning everyone. -6° atm will get up to 11°, Currently watching 62 gun salute to celebrate Queen’s Anniversary. If you would like you may send me a 62 gun salute.
Royal Salute 62 Gun Salute Blended Scotch Whisky: Buy Now | Caskers
It’s a bit expensive, but not as noisy. :grinning:

That’s shockingly wasteful Pixie! So the HA clearly have no green credentials then?

Well it was broken and we couldn’t fix it :joy:

1 Like

I went out on my bike this morning and got a puncture. My fingers were numb with cold by the time I’d fixed it. I’m not in the mood to wish Monday a good morning.

3 Likes

Nope…I was perfectly happy to leave it for the next person, but its got to be back to “original” condition. I would take it with me if I could - save me a fortune! :joy:

1 Like

Good morning all. Another cold but sunny day here.

I was asked to help a friend choose a new counter top to match her new cabinets for the kitchen. All of my amateur advice will get me treated to a lunch afterward. Am looking forward to both. A change of pace from my four walls in my livingroom.

Have a good day, whatever is in store for you.

I hadn’t realised how Darwin is becoming a hub for International flights after Covid problems with Singapore. It is one hop from Europe (mind you a bloody long hop). It was only in the last few days that I read an article about it.

When I arrived in Darwin from London in 1966 the airport terminal was a glorified tin shed, (that was definitely not one hop, it took nearly 48 hours in those days)

1 Like