Good Morning Monday 6th May 2024

Good morning all you fine forum followers on this lovely Monday.

Personally I have just entered WA and for the second time in as many days had potato stolen by the quarantine people, - and an onion - actually they said I could keep the onion if I peeled it but bugger that, they can have it.

I hope your day is better and you don’t get pilfered by government employed thieves.

What are you up to?

3 Likes

After yesterday’s escapade I would rather eat a whole sack of onions Raw…Have a Larrikin G’day and No No Wucka’s

:grinning:

As usual this time of the morning…up to no good

3 Likes

Good morning all,
I’m about to leave home for a fourteen hour shift in a local sports venue. I have the feeling that potatoes will be on the agenda so I’ll send a few your way Bruce. What’s the quarantine issue with potatoes by the way?
Anyway…enjoy your day people! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

3 Likes

Good morning everyone and happy Bank holiday (we had ours last Wednesday), hoping the weather is good to you all.

4 Likes

Morning all – rain overnight and the day is grey and dull (well it is a Bank Holiday!) :cloud:

Bruce, whilst I understand having to surrender fresh fruit etc on entering Australia,(your country, your rules) I am a bit confused about the need when travelling state to state

A 14 hour shift Chilliboot! You have more stamina than I have that’s for sure (either that or I am just lazy!) :015:

Thought the beast had left no gifts to be cleaned up this morning but did a thorough search (she likes to play a game called “hide the poop”) found her offering hidden behind the WC in the corner! :rage:

The good news is that the books I ordered yesterday and which I expected to be delivered on Wednesday will be delivered today! :041:Just as well as I have almost finished the current one.

Take care – have a lovely day everyone, whatever you are doing

5 Likes

Good morning all :slight_smile: Have a relaxing Bank holiday Monday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Good Morning from Foxy’s World… :man_biking:
Up and at em’ this morning, not a breath of wind and hazy sunshine lighting up the new growth and blossoms on the hawthorns… A squirt of oil on the moving bits and by just gone seven I was speeding through the village and out into the country on my bike…
I’d be lucky (or unlucky) to see more than two vehicles during my 15 mile traverse of the wilds of South Yorkshire. A few cyclists going in the opposite direction, I don’t suppose they wanted to be ‘burned off’ on their state of the art speed machines by an over seventy something, riding a bike that is probably older than the rider…

4 Likes

You will never guess what I have just bought. I was in Curry’s and there on display was a smelly telly, I kid you not. The salesman was giving a demo on how it worked. What one has to do is fill up small cartridges “or get ready filled ones” and insert them into a special compartment at the back of the tele. Obviously one has to choose what smell to use.
Then he demonstrated how to use it with a special remote control fitted with a small laser pointer. So if the tv was showing fresh cut lawn all one has to do is point at the screen to the lawn with the laser and it releases to cartridge containing the grass smell, as an example. it was amazing and the number of customer watching crowded out most of the shop

So I bought the largest set because it could hold the largest number of cartridges

3 Likes

Don’t know what you are smoking realspeed - but sharesies!

3 Likes

Ah well, my working day was cut short three hours into the shift due to the bad weather…time for a glass of Merlot!

3 Likes

I didn’t find out if they made a smell to simulate different Drugs as I keep well away from anything like that.

But SheilaP I would suggest you go into Curry’s and ask them as they have been trained on what the TV can/can’t do

1 Like

Hmm - bit early for Merlot I think, still you need something to help overcome the disappointment at not having to work 14 hours - enjoy! :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Oh! for God’s sake… :009:

2 Likes

You have to remember that not only is this a country, it is a continent, there are diseases,pests and plants in one part of the country that would devastate another part. This sometimes applies within a state, for example in NSW there is a Fruit Fly Exclusion Zone where you are not allowed to take fruit and must dump them into bins provided.

Many times travelling with my kids we have had to stuff ourselves with bananas rather than dump them

1 Like

Makes good sense Bruce I wish we still had rules in place to prevent bugs and disease entering the UK. Least of all covid!
We have ‘Dutch Elm Disease’ Scorpions living on the docks somewhere, giant wasps and killer bees from God knows where, Himalayan Balsam spread along most river banks, Japanese knot weed, giant Spanish slugs, mink and grey squirrels running amok killing of most of the indigenous wildlife, something in the streams and small rivers killing off the crayfish, and rubber boats crossing the channel willy nilly…