Good Morning Monday, 4th March 2024

Good morning on this magic Monday. So much cooler after the heat of last week. A balmy 23°.

Had a very pleasant walk this morning, took a plastic bag to collect rubbish dropped by the side of the road - mostly Macca’s containers - filled the bag and dumped it in a council bin on the way home.

A personal gripe - we are still on daylight savings time so the sun doesn’t rise until after 6.40am, it goes on far too long.

Went to my doctor for the results of my blood test, all good except for slightly elevated PSA so had to re-visit my favourite legalised vampire for another blood test immediately after the doctor.

Might attack some of the grass today, the warmth and wet soil makes it grow like mad, I miss the drought when it goes a delightful shade of brown and steadfastly remains short.

Hope you had a good weekend, take care…

1 Like

Good evening and morning to the otherside of the planet!

My weekend has ended well. The visit to the friend, although short was nothing short of spectacular. I got to hand feed a couple of young cows. Never realized they were such gentle creatures.

Bruce, your email about missing the drought brought a grimace :). Texas is well know for hot , droughts summers, with floods on different seasons…or least Houston. Praying this summer will be better but doubtful. While up further north at the friend’s place, we had a discussion about how 20% to 30% of the town’s oak trees died last summer.

It was great to get out even if just briefly in the afternoon. A fresh perspective.

Glad to hear your blood test went well!

Making a plan and here’s to a super nice week with all the bells and whistles, plenty of special blends of coffee and looking forward to blueberries on waffles with honey tomorrow morning!

Cheers and best regards to all reading!

1 Like

good morning all, frostie start but maybe some sunshine later

afternoon meet up with our u3a gardening group, a slide show of the gardens we visited last year
coffee and cake of course

2 Likes

Morning all - cold but dry this morning

Cat left no “gifts” to be cleared up but has refused to leave the house this morning.

Washing machine on and hopefully will be able to dry clothes outside. This afternoon I am planning to check out the yoga class I missed last week - not sure if I will be flexible enough to follow the instructions, I can but try!

Take care and hope everyone has a lovely day

2 Likes