It was 26° at 6am this morning so even though BOM forecast rain later today I threw all my camper bedding in the washing machine and had it on the line by 8am.
Went to Bunnings for some odds and sods for a project I have in mind, while I was there I also bought a couple of containers for all the screws, nuts and bolts kept on the shelving in my garage.
I wonder if anyone ever goes to Bunnings and comes away having spent nothing or less than they expected? I never have. However I am very pleased with the removal of clutter after filing away all the screws etc.
When I returned from Bunnings at 9am the washing was dry so got that in and wondered where on earth was the rain as the sky was cloudless however at about 11am it started to cloud over and got a lot cooler, hasn’t actually rained yet but looks like it will (1.30pm now)
A very pleasant Autumnal day it is too. The next thing I need to do is set up an online account with Tesco. I don’t usually place orders for food deliveries but it seems a sensible option, probably book a midweek slot if possible. No way would I buy fresh fruit, meat, veg etc online, I’m far too fussy! Not really much else to add today
A bright and sunny day here on the south coast today, just got back from my daily walk.
Yesterday, the wife decided she needed to buy a stack load of new clothes for our cruise in the Med, as we’re not going for another 11 months, which means our wardrobe is fit to burst with her stuff. So in addition, it looks like I’ll be booking a trip to Vegas for December and today is dealing with the paperwork and money, so the wife is determined to lose some weight before we go, and I guess the next thing will be what shows she wants to see there.
So in the meantime, I’ll be running the wife to and from the gym and maybe a coffee sometime.
2027 calendars are in the shops already, and I’ve bought several of Pendle for friends & relations
Going to the Post Office this morning to post them, then some shopping in Sainsbury, which is my most convenient supermarket
It also has a stationery section and I’ll buy some more parcel & ordinary tape
The calendars I’ll post this morning came with their own envelopes, but I have other calendars to post to the USA & Canada, and they will need better packaging
So that’s a job for this afternoon
Oh, I have a question for you –
My wife has found that she can no longer wear her wrist watch as it affects the nerves in her wrist
We had thought of a nurse’s fob watch, but that would be a fiddle to keep putting it on & off the various clothes she would be wearing; or to keep a watch in her handbag and have to open & close it as required
So I’ve had an idea!
I would see if the local watch dealer could convert a nurse’s watch into a pendant watch, so she could wear it around her neck on a chain
It should be able to do this without any permanent changes, so if needed the watch could be turned back to original
There’s something very beautiful about a clear blue autumn sky…
Morning all
Fifteen degrees here, and a really lovely morning
Today i’ll be preparing for my cataract surgery scheduled for tomorrow morning.
Quite excited about it, as i will finally, after a wait of eight months, have two eyes that match!
Enforced rest for a few days, and strictly no strenuous activity, or lifting heavy objects - it’s amazing how you tend to do both of these things in the course of a day, but don’t give it much thought.
Anyway, better follow orders, although my closest friends/family, know i’m rubbish at this!
Good morning good people - and me! A bit cloudy and a cool 16C. Not a lot happening other than than a rat getting into our shed and our neighbours cat. And our wee dog just ignores them all. All great excitement…
Naturally, at some point, you’ll end up knocking one of those boxes over with the lid open and curse loudly. God knows how many times I’ve done that sort of thing over my lifetime.
Another question I’ve increasingly asking myself as I gaze lovingly at the number of tools, odds n ends that has been amassed in my workshop, is… At what stage should I start to get rid of it all? It’s highly unlikely that much of it is worth handing down to someone as they’ll want to find their own way in life.
Hopefully, there’s a few more years of life in the old dog. But it’ll have to happen at some point.
@Dextrous63 I have knocked over open boxes of screws, etc. many, many times, and yes the air is always blue! @Bruce your Bunnings store sounds a delight. We have The Range, and I can’t visit without buying, even if I don’t need anything and just called in to ‘look’
I guess that’s good marketing