Good Morning Monday 15th July 2024

Good morning to all on this cold and windy winter’s morning. The sun is out but it is doing nothing to warm the Antarctic blast. Apparently the Antarctic polar vortex is misbehaving. According to BOM the max we can expect today is 15°, I have my puffer jacket at the ready.

Had a my usual Monday coffee and cake meeting this morning after missing the last couple of weeks followed this up with some shopping for milk and frozen meals, on the way home bought myself a cardigan from Lowes as my old one has started to unravel from the bottom.

Am going to put some PETG filament in my 3D printer for my camper project to make a couple of hooks. Will report back on that.

Take care, have a good start to the working week.

4 Likes

Morning all,

I feel your pain Bruce, literally, we can feel the blast from here.

Haven’t really thought about what happening today yet.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone.
The sun was shining earlier with a temperature of 19c according to the gauge in my car - it has clouded over now, but then we are in a British summer after all so we often have a couple of seasons in one day. I don’t like the sound of your Antarctic polar vortex @Bruce brr!
Just been to Waitrose to pick up a couple of parcels that I ordered online. I much prefer Click and Collect because I can pick these things up in my own time rather than waiting in for a delivery.
I had a long conversation with my younger son yesterday about a cruise that I am going on with him and my daughter in law in December. This will be my first ever cruise and I’m both excited and nervous - the nervousness comes from concern that the ship is so large that I might get lost - my son suggested that he could have me tagged so that if I did get lost I could be returned to him! That made me laugh - but then it’s not a bad idea really…
More gardening for me this afternoon if the weather holds I think.
Happy Monday!

2 Likes

A jolly good morning to all,

“This is your
Monday morning
reminder that
you can handle
whatever this week
throws at you”
----Unknown

Everyone have a lovely and safe Monday.

2 Likes

It’s up and at 'em here with day one of the house renovations. The counters are being removed shortly, leaving me without a functioning kitchen for a couple of weeks with both kids at home with their beaks open asking for regular feedings. This should be interesting…

It’s dang hot here, though I shall not complain reading about Bruce’s Antarctic vortexes. I am ever fascinated with that part of the world, having grown up hearing about my dad’s adventures flying a supply and reconnaissance helicopter off of an icebreaker back in the 50s when he was a green twenty-year-old.

Here’s a photo of him flying near Scott air base:

2 Likes