Good Morning Good Friday 7th April 2023

Morning all!

Got a few more stressful tasks done yesterday. To reward myself I watched the Lewis Capaldi documentary. . . 3 times. :heart_eyes:

Still more to do but I’m a bit run down so I haven’t decided if I’ll try for more today.

Weather was sunny then overcast. I’m rooting for rain again this weekend for some quiet from my neighbors although the bleakness is getting to me.

Have a good day everyone.

1 Like

Good morning Butterscotch and all who follow

Its supposed to warm up a bit here today so a day in the garden beckons

Have a good day everyone

1 Like

A Happy Good Friday good morning to all :wave:

I need advice ! Please
I bought a butter dish and butter real solid butter .
After leaving the butter on the worktop overnight it’s still solid !
How do I get to spread on toast and hot cross buns :thinking:

After I recover from butter trauma it’s a Seafront walk with my sister later this morning

Enjoy your day xxx

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me about that. I’ll modify the title of the thread.

I don’t eat butter in stick form but I’ll give it a guess. Isn’t it supposed to be solid like that?

Maybe put a pat of butter on the top of the toast or bun, then heat it for a couple seconds in the microwave or toaster oven, then try spreading it.

1 Like

Good morning on this very Good Friday!

Morning all.

Ripple run your butter knife under hot water first before spreading the butter.

Happy Good Friday everyone.

The sun is shining bright, but not going out anywhere, I will sit outside my House and watch the Holiday makers go bye and ha e a chat to them, show them where the Beach is.

Have a nice day all.

2 Likes

Microwave for around fifteen seconds, always works for me!

Morning everyone, nothing much planned here other than a day in the garden enjoying the sunshine.

Have a pleasant day folks :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for the butter advice :+1:t2: I will try all of them …hot knife and microwave.

Early Good Friday surprise !
Yesterday I washed the covers on the dog bed , throwing a temporary blanket over the top of the bed for his comfort.
Overnight dog decided to rip his bed to bits :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Morning all.

Oh gosh, look at the state of that! I have several fleeces on the back of my bed, so Holly can be warm and comfy, and will wash them next week when she is away. Now I’ve cancelled my trip to Yorkshire I am home alone and realise there are things I can do while she is not here. Clean the back garden path. Put flea spray around. Wash her bedding.

Changing my bed linen today. Can’t wait till next week.

1 Like

Oh what a naughty little dog.

1 Like

I use solid butter for cooking/baking only. Every day butter for toasts etc, I prefer the spreadable kind especially the ones with healthier oils.

I’d say put a pat of toast wait a wee bit and the toast’s heat will warm it up to spread. Slow progress granted but ooh so good!

Okay, I’m off for toasts and preserves, coffee and juice. I’m peckish now. Happy Good Friday all.

1 Like

There was a terriffic thunderstorm this evening with 2 to 3cm hail, made a hell of a row on the tin roof. Didn’t last more than half an hour but had a couple of power flicks so I turned my computer and TV off while it lasted.

Not very clear but those white blobs on the path are hail. They probably killed the Easter Bunny.

1 Like

Up until the war in Ukraine sunflower oil was readily available …I used a low-fat, spreadable butter , however, now sunflower oil has been wholly replaced with rapeseed oil that contains erucic acid, a fatty acid which is associated with adverse effects on heart tissue, notably myocardial lipidosis.
i decided to try out using pure butter .
However both have pros and cons…

Thanks for the butter tip :wink:

1 Like

Good day to you all. Have a blessed Good Friday!
It may be the start of a very Good week!

3 Likes

According to the news this morning some places had 6cm hail so my 2/3cm stuff was quite modest.

Why did they do that?Ours loved hers but it had the same fate.

1 Like

Welcome back. :grinning:

1 Like

Aw, thank you for noticing!

1 Like