Good Morning from Australia Aug 10 - 2023

This morning’s birdsong was from a Wattlebird, a Singing Honeyeater, a Robin(a few varieties so not knowing what kind), and I heard a Willy Wagtail.
Willie Wagtail sounds.

Morning chorus was followed by an orange sunrise
)

5 Likes

You are just showing off now. :grinning:

We used to have Wattlebirds in the garden but the Noisy Minors chased them off.We still hear them in the street though.

2 Likes

Willy Wagtails are one of my favourites in the garden. Parrots just squawk and stamp about but Willy Wagtails are so active, bobbing about looking for food.

I still get Wattle Birds and Noisy Miners as well as the inevitable Galahs, Sulphur Crests, Rainbow Lorikeets and Long Beaked Corellas. I used to get Crimson Parrots but haven’t seen any for years.

3 Likes

Good morning all
We have sunshine . nothing to do today , but wait for my latest buy , it will arrive this morning ,then I may go for a gentle walk next to the River .

Have a nice day all .

2 Likes

Good morning all, lovely weather here.

The bird sounds lovely, I love listening to Nature.

Off to the Hospital this morning about my Low Platelets.

Have a nice day all.

1 Like

Morning all!

Got my store order delivery. Initially I was disappointed that I didn’t get one of the major items but it might have turned out for the best. That made me look for it at another store. The other store had it for half the price. I don’t like their shipping policy so I’m thinking of ordering it again at this store and price matching it. I’ve done price matching before at this store. Worked out great.

Doing a lot of journaling. No plans for today. Just sorting out what else I need.

Have a good day everyone.

2 Likes

Good morning from Hampshire U.K.
Weather blooming lovely .
Yesterday No luck with my search for curtain fabric , dog looking like a smarty pants after his shampoo and trim :wink:
I couldn’t be happier …he’s made a full recovery after months of illness .

4 Likes

Mornin all, I’m sat in the garden and there’s no birdsong whatsoever, which is kinda strange.
Hey cool dog Ripple, sorry to hear he’s not been well. :pensive:
I had a female Lhassa Apsho but we lost her over lockdown. Hard times indeed. :pensive:

2 Likes

Lovely dog @Ripple pleased the problem as cleared up , He looks set to charm the ladies now .
@Mad-Ralph always sad to lose a pet , when they have been part of the family .

2 Likes

@Eliza Yes, my wife lost her horse two weeks later as well. It was particularly hard for her, her whole social circle revolved around the farm stables.

2 Likes

God what a day on my corner of Oz - up at the crack of the horn to walk the dog and feed him fresh raw chicken necks - yuck - I wear gloves!! - then a shower and get my shopping list ready for the elderly homes pick up van - then a lovely run around the local country side picking up - from Indigenous reserves and countryside 5 acre retreats - you never meet the same people twice. shoppin done in 30-40 mins then a run around town for what else ?? - chemist PO - Bank etc then drop offs around town and me last which is good fun on the block with the dog barkin furiously as a welcome home!! - they even carry my bags to the door and then that’s it - I drag em in and empty into appropriate locations - then sit down and have a beer!!

@bret what dog do you have Bret, Ive never given my dog raw meat…

mine is a heinz 57 - drop on the front lawn of my fils at 3am and his whimpering woke them - they took him in and grew him up until he was a young fella then gave him to us - now stands 2 feet high and weighs in at say 25-30 kgs and loves me to pieces - in fact insists in sleepin in the bedroom just to protect me!!

ther he is!! the big one - he loves me and I certainly love him - I would find it so difficult to be parted!! - he is good with kids and elderly as long as you get out of the way when he is in full charge!!

3 Likes

He looks like hes doing well on Chicken necks :laughing:love that side glance hes giving you as if to say "no Im not moving ,take it from here " :laughing:

1 Like

WW out here sells chicken necks by the kilos - lots of asian ladies buy them and cook hot firey dishes with chillies and various other condiments and vegies and make them for human consumption - this dog of mine doesn’t even chew them he just swallows them honestly !!

1 Like

the small scruffy one called scruffy was adorable too but - ya gotta like small or large dogs??

small Labs and cross lurcher , 4 so far , I find when im out , small dogs always want to fight . No more for me when this ones gone …

Ha ha love it. :heart::clap::clap:

Very hard times …it’s the downside of pet ownership saying goodbye
The horse too so sad

1 Like