Good Morning Friday, 9th October 2026

Good morning everyone, it is a lovely warm, sunny day here, I would guess that the temperatures are in the mid to high 20s.

I was out early to get milk from the supermarket before the morning rush, once that was done it was in my car for a trip to Bunnings. Miraculously I only bought something for $2 over what I had planned to buy - however I did buy a snag sanga from the BBQ in the car park outside (who can resist?)

Once I was home again spent a bit of time in the garden behind the garage (always neglected) ripping out weeds and old nasturtiums, the latter will grow again from seeds next year. I need to set up my second compost bin because the other one is finally full (it takes me years to fill one).

That is my morning thus far, I have the final episode of East of Eden to watch but that will have to wait until this evening as it is far to nice a day to be watching TV.

Enjoy your day, the weekend beckons for the workers among you.

Take care…

5 Likes

Good morning all…

A grey wet and drizzly day here on the south coast.

Not sure what’s happening today in my part of the world. ‘Mrs G’ was feeling sick last night, probably something she ate that seriously disagreed with her. So not sure what’s happening today, depending on how she feels later. Given that and the weather at the moment, I don’t expect too much going on today. I am hoping to go to a bird sanctuary tomorrow to blow the dust off my camera but I’m a little unsure if its going ahead.

Anyways, enjoy your day…

:umbrella: :grin:

4 Likes

Good morning!

It’s raining

5 Likes

Morning everyone

We had rain overnight, but a bright and breezy morning with a temperature of 16 degrees - much warmer than yesterday.

Had a very pleasant night, catching up (and putting the world to right!) with a mate over a couple of glasses of wine. Also discussing the upcoming fair on Sunday and Monday, which will completely take over our town, and bring in thousands of visitors from local towns and villages.

As a resident, you have to decide whether or not to avoid town completely for those two days (and a further two days at the end of the month when the fair returns) or go and join the fun.
I always like to have a look and see how much bigger the ‘rides’ have become every year!

Anyway today is an exercise day - lots of walking and trying to keep fit.
Looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a pleasant day.

4 Likes

Morning all

Wet and windy here too, it is meant to brighten up later so I’ll pop out for my newspaper if it does

I’ve been delivering toilet rolls to a couple of neighbours ! Bought a load of them on Amazon (can never resist a bargain) and like to help friends save a bit of money whenever possible…

Enjoy your day

3 Likes