Good Morning Friday 29th March 2024

It’s Good Friday, so get out your hot cross buns and tuck in.

I had to laugh early this morning, on the radio it had a recipe for a sort of bread and butter pudding made out of left over hot cross buns! “Left over” hot cross buns? There is no such thing. I have put a few in the freezer for later but they are definitely not “left over”.

Walk as usual this morning, it was a bit overcast and cool with temperatures in the low 20s but no rain. For some reason my knee is playing up, it started hurting yesterday for no apparent reason but is a bit better today, I shall put it down to old timer’s disease, more annoying than anything.

Spent the rest of the morning packing clothes and preparing stuff to load into my car for a few days away after Easter. Had to re-tape the hinges on my camper to stop water getting in if it rains hard while driving (speed related).

Still waiting for two of my bins to be collected, I am sure the garbage men are just making the most of their 2.5 times pay because it is nearly midday and only one bin has been emptied so far.

Have a lovely Easter (Passover?) with your family and/or friends.

2 Likes

good morning and hey ho its dry and forcast maybe dry for the day, but not enough to dry the garden out

Mrs M out with her walking friend, probably a 10 mile walkies, i’ll settle for a drive out with a flask of coffee and a few biccies, trying to miss the bank holiday traffic is a challenge

oh easter eggs!!! forgot all about them

1 Like

Morning all - day started with heavy rain, now sunshine, with more rain forecast for later!

I’m with you Bruce, what are “left over hot cross buns”? I have the same problem when people talk about left over wine! :wine_glass:

Had a great evening with neighbours last night - a lovely meal followed by a couple of glasses of wine back at their house. I can’t believe I have found neighbours who actually “get” my (weird) sense of humour! They are off on holiday on Tuesday, they usually go out for a meal the night before going away and have invited me to join them again. My problem is they insist on paying for me - I always offer and they always refuse.

Just chased a squirrel away from the bird feeder - it is amusing to watch their antics but I am afraid if they get used to coming into my garden they may make their way into the roof - and we all know the problems that can cause

Take care - have a lovely day and a happy Easter (try not to overdose on chocolate!)

2 Likes

We did the early morning stroll with the wee dog. Then the nurse did the usual fix…and another walk. The dog is quite free other than when there is the short spell at the traffic.

1 Like

Good Morning from Foxy’s World… :ninja:
Had a great run/walk this morning and knocked a good two minutes off my 5 mile time for this year. Not a cloud in the sky when I set off but it did cloud over halfway round and did I feel a couple of spots of rain?
Didn’t go out to break records but my usual walking shoes don’t seem to have the cushioning anymore so I put on my running shoes and hoped it wasn’t going to be too muddy. Just a little bit slippy in the woods, so I ran that bit to get it over with, and the lane wasn’t too bad.
A bit too warm when I got home so shorts would have been more suitable this morning. It’s always hard to choose what to wear now I don’t run continuously, if I walk i’m cold, but too much running and I get too hot. Hopefully if Mr Hudson (the local weatherman on the Beeb) is right, he’s forecast a hot summer this year…Fingers crossed… :crossed_fingers:
Talking of hot cross buns, we bought some from Tesco on Wednesday and I just fancied one this morning, but Mrs Fox has gobbed the lot…It’s a pity she doesn’t take care of her figure like what I do…

4 Likes

Hope Mrs Fox doesn’t read this :astonished: Or do you just like living dangerously?

2 Likes

Ha Ha Sheila, Mrs Fox hates anything digital and would never visit the forum… :sunglasses:
However! My daughter might… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
She came of age this year and that makes her eligible to take up membership… :grimacing:

2 Likes

Think I have just found out how to add more tags with posts. Not an easy exercise for me.

1 Like

I must confess when my BH asks what the hotxbuns are like I give just an average report hoping I can have them all to myself.

2 Likes

I didn’t get chance Mr Smith. They were squirreled away as soon as we returned from Tesco…
:thinking:

2 Likes