Good Morning Friday 27th October 2023

Morning all!

I called the bank today to get something sorted. Talked to an anxious sounding guy that didn’t make me feel very reassured. Glad the call is done.

It’s getting cooler here. I’m appreciating my electric blanket more about now.

Besides waiting for something to maybe get delivered today, my plan is to take it easy.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning!
It’s still dark but I opened my front door briefly and it’s dry outside

Going on a short health type walk this morning, it’s only for an hour
This will be the first time, and I think the hardest part will be finding the starting point, which is a community centre, and appears to be tucked away in a maze of terraced streets

Nothing planned for this afternoon

Morning all.

Hopefully will finish the Peter James library book this morning. If there is time I could pelt down the library, return it for the next reader on the reserve list. Think I have another one to return.

No other plans. Can’t go to my allotment as the council notified our site reps that nobody is allowed to go there just yet. It would seem they have been digging the embankment close by and found asbestos. Goodness knows how long this ban will go on for then. By coincidence one of the reps started up a WhatsApp group only recently so they were able to inform most of us quick quickly.

Good morning all
A dark morning ,as we head toward the end of October .
I may go into town and buy a Puzzle , also a Book , something to fill in the gap now my gardens layed to rest for the winter .

Have a good day

Good morning all

Well it’s belting down here not a good start to my hollibob.
Boots waterproof and umbrella are must haves.

Take care all xxx

Morning all,

We were intending to go into town today but given the miserable weather it’s case of doing some stuff indoors and just mellowing out. I think I’ll roast a smoked clove studded gammon joint, buy a film for the Amazon firestick and munch on cold cut sandwiches tonight… with a glass of something of course.

Enjoy your day people :+1:

1 Like

Huh! and Huh! again!

got to the community centre… hung around and waited … after about 15 mins someone turned up and asked if I was waiting for the walking group
Yes, I said … Oh she said, it’s cancelled today because it’s half term
Huh! again

While I was waiting I saw that my car’s bonnet was scratched and someone had stolen the windscreen washer nozzles
Huh again and again!

1 Like

Blimey zuludog I admire your self restraint. I’m sure I’d be tempted to use far more robust language.

2 Likes

Ah, that was for the Forum
What I said in real life was definitely stronger

So at least now I’ll be getting out & about - searching the scrapyards

1 Like

Morning all, forgot to come in here this morning.
Nice and sunny here.
Have a nice day all.

Well it’s a morning I suppose… :roll_eyes:
Can’t see most of because of the fog. Undaunted though I stepped out for my morning constitutional along the canal banks. It’s a tarmaced towpath so at least I won’t have to clean my shoes when I get home.
It was strangely relaxing and quiet and I enjoyed it, I even stuck in some jogging, disturbing some Squirrels as I quietly padded through the wood…Not quiet enough it seems.
:chipmunk:
No messing about with my smartphone today, I’ve spent enough time on it and getting nowhere, so I’ll have a mosy out to Greggs at the retail park for a sandwich while Mrs Fox does the shops…
:pound:
:pleading_face:

Oh well …

I’ve ordered new nozzles, they shouldn’t be too expensive, and I can’t be bothered to search round scrap yards

Let’s hope it’s just a one off and the vandals - kids I expect - don’t make it a regular occurrence

However I’ve just had a letter about my Winter Payment & Cost of Living Payment, which will be £500 altogether
Yes, it’s nice to have, but it hasn’t stopped me being annoyed about t’washers

1 Like

Back home again after a trip into town and buying 2 Jigsaws , I decided to treat my self to lunch out so headed to Nottingham Castle where i bought a yearly pass in the summer , I had a Jacket Potato and Beans with Salad and A coffee .

The Christmas Tree was put up in Town but no Trimmings on yet .And the Stalls are being put up too .

Afternoon all!

Freezing fog seemed to be the order of the day.
Did not put the heating on, though it was very tempting. May opt to put it on next week as we move into November.

Blankets, jumpers and hoodies for now.

Have a great one.

1 Like

I love Nottingham Eliza, I ran Ten Nottingham Marathons and received a beautiful frame of lace for each of them. We regularly visit the market at Christmas.
Brave @M44 , I’ve had my heating on in the evenings for the last two weeks, and sometimes low during the day…Brrrrrrrrrr

1 Like