Good Morning Friday, 23rd February 2024

Good Morning all you fearless, fraught Friday folks.

Was up fairly early, if 6.30am is early, to go for my walk before the heat of the day sets in. Supposed to be a warm day in the mid 30s before a southerly change and the chance of storm cells developing late arvo/evening (so look out Taylor Swift!)

Yesterday evening I mowed all the grass inside and outside my block so I was pleased with that, the exercise made up for no walk that morning.

Might go to the servo later as I noticed my jerry can is nearly empty - Have to make a special trip for petrol as my car is a diesel.

Was looking at the weather on my proposed trip 40°+… Umm… might postpone slightly.

Keep safe, enjoy your day…

Its night still, but looking forward to Friday. Got to ploy through a couple of items, but another day, any dime.

here’s to an awesomely super weekend!

1 Like

good morning you early visitors

7am here had me early brew at 5am, looks a bit damp out there

Had four days break in Wales, omg the new 20mph limit in towns and villages takes some getting used to

do you have limits like this where you are

Friday is my art class morning, coffee and biccies

1 Like

We have school zones with a 40kph limit and a 50kph limit in high pedestrian areas (shopping centres, residential zones etc). I just use cruise control.

Morning everyone - weather still grey and wet (will the sun ever shine again!)

Went out for dinner with my neighbours last night, returned to their house and opened (another) bottle of wine and had a great time putting the world to rights. They are off on a cruise today so I am on cat servant duties. The cat and I have a love/hate relationship, I love her and she hates me!! Hopefully she will behave herself and not hide any “gifts”.

As I can’t join the club for oldies attached to the church I am going along to their coffee and cake afternoon. Since moving here I seem to spend 90% of my time alone so I have decided I need to get out and about more and meet people!

Take care everyone and have a lovely day

1 Like

Morning all,

Last official day of the half term break for me.

Not much of a half term with all the work I had to do, but looking forward to the end of term in a little over four and a half weeks. Family are thinking of going to one of the following: Ireland, Scotland, Tunisia, Malta, Egypt or Amsterdam for about 4/5 nights.

Was thinking of Turkey as they suddenly have some incredible deals. However, this kind of worried me and the family.

Safety and security - Turkey travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Have a great one!

1 Like

Good morning all

Bright and breezy here work washing on the line and been and played tennis this morning totally enjoyed it back to pop next lot of wahing on the line then off to graba bit of shopping and maybe garden centre. Enjoy your day all

2 Likes

Woah that is scary not seen that have a good friend thinking of taking her two daughters for the eldest’s 18th to Turkey will have to let her know.

2 Likes

@SheilaP Why can’t you join the church group? another option if you fancy it could well be the local ramblers they do lots of walks midweek for over 50’s and a nice group of social life as well. I belong to my one and they do Sunday walks then lunches often the people arrive fr lunch but not the walk or not the whole walk. LOL

1 Like

Unfortunately, due to the size of the hall, the “oldies” club are only allowed 100 members and they already have that number. I have checked the local community centre and they have a yoga class for over 50s and I will be contacting the organiser to find out about it!

2 Likes

Good Morning from Foxy’s world… :nerd_face:
Had to rush off yesterday to pick up my new specs from Boots Opticians.
Cost me £300 for two pair of driving glasses. Bifocals, so I can see past the steering wheel, and a bottom lens so I can’t. Unfortunately they have given me reading glasses and the dashboard needs to be at the end of my nose… :009:
So I am taking them back tomorrow. We did zoom off down the M1 to Dobbies at Bolsover and a tasty, cold, cheese and tomato toasty though, so the day wasn’t wasted. For a start, we didn’t zoom down the M1 due to the 50 mph speed limit because of all the roadworks. They decided that building motorways with no hard shoulders are dangerous and are now trying to replace them. They should have asked the drivers before embarking on such a fools errand…
Dobbies was packed to the rafters with old folk, so with only one person serving, you had to que for the toasty, then que again for a cup of tea, and then que at the till…So my toasty was cold…But it was nice…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I was curious about the travel advice so I looked up ours. It is even more alarmist, though it does call the country Türkiye

https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/europe/turkiye

There will be a lot of Australians visiting Gallipoli in April for ANZAC Day.

https://www.dva.gov.au/recognition/commemorations/commemorative-services/overseas-commemorative-services/anzac-day-gallipoli-turkiye

1 Like

I’m glad today’s over

1 Like

Some days are just stuffed, but you can always look forward to the next one

1 Like

It is worrying when they state the following:

Take particular care during dates of significance to terrorist groups, including:

• 15 August
    *** 30 March to 20 April**
  • 19 December
1 Like