Good Morning Friday, 1st March 2024

Good Morning to you on this funny, fairly fraught, first Friday of Autumn.

According to the forecast this morning yesterday was the hottest day of summer for the state. Of course if it hadn’t been a leap year yesterday would have been the first day of Autumn which shows up our strange way of designating seasons.

Not so hot today but temperatures are still going into the high 20s but with a the chance of a shower.

Anyway, nothing exciting planned for today, still waiting for the recycling bin to be collected, used to be done by 7.30am but now the recycling truck doesn’t come until late morning.

Am off to Supercheap Auto later to buy some yellow spray paint.

Take care, keep busy…

good morning on the 1st of March and we still have last months weather

bit chilly at 3 deg and a pinkish sky, whatever that means, could be red snow

will still do walkies

2 Likes

Pinch punch 1st of the month …
Ghastly weather with gale force winds & lashing of rain ,me and dog have to go out in it walkies !
Have I got that happy Friday feeling errrr Nah .

2 Likes

Morning all!

The weather in sunny (not) Sussex is truly abysmal!!
Pouring down and gusting winds. I’m glad I went out to Asda yesterday and that I’m not working today.
We’ve had no heating or hot water for the last couple of days but the engineer is coming this afternoon :pray:

Have a good day forum people!!!

1 Like

Morning all - cold wet and windy today (the weather - not me!). Cat servant duties carried out - once again she refused to go out so will have to go back in later

Did very little yesterday except book a short holiday in July - booked with a small local company, same one I booked with last year who cancelled on me, hope for better luck this time!

Shopping this morning and this afternoon I may go along to the coffee and cake cafe organised by the church - if the rain lets up! According to local radio it rained for 26 of the 29 days in February! I believe it

Take care and hope everyone has a lovely day and manages to keep dry!

1 Like

Good morning everyone

Not much occuring here Hairdressers at1pm then hopefully if open eyebrows threaed before or after the shop is just around the corner from hairdressers. Before then a trip to the skip to get rid of some large items for a friend of mine who has no car.

Was considering the allotment to finihs adding filler to the bench but the weather is againstanthign like that so no go.

May pop into a garden centre before coming home depends what time I am out of hairdressers, fancy somehing bright in one of the big wall planters it wlaays has Ivy in it but want some colour before Geranuiums are ready to go out will then remove the colour into the garden so nothing annual perrenial all the way. LOL

@SheilaP Oh how lovely a holiday where are you going?
@Bruce A good piece of recycling there with the jerry can.
@Ripple Its white rabbits in this house LOL

To you all have a good day catch you later.

2 Likes

Good Afternoon from Foxy’s World… :blush:
Sorry for being late but I got held up elsewhere on the forum, I saw some posts that were too good not to comment on… :nerd_face:
By Gum! Wasn’t it cold this morning…No rain and a clear sky with the sun just coming up so I decided to do my five mile route. Ran to keep warm on most of it, and was on for a really good time until I arrived at the lane with just over a mile to go and I bumped into a good friend. He lives on his own now, as his missus has alzheimer’s and is residing in a care home at the other end of the lane, so I see him quite often when he visits her…
I walked with him for the rest of the way and had a nag.
It was while I was showering that the rain came battering on the window…Got back just in time… :sunglasses:
Mrs Fox is helping at the church hall this morning, they do a nice dinner for all the locals, so I’m on my own for most of the day. Out comes the soup…
:yum:

2 Likes

Hi Kazz - just a few days on Isle of Wight. A local company who do coach tours, really convenient as I get picked up from home! Recently returned from 2 months in Australia visiting family which was brilliant

1 Like