Good Morning, Friday 13th January 2023

I thought I would start a daily thread while it is still actually morning. It’s a Friday the 13th too.

Took the dog for a long walk this morning. It is a bit like old times when the kids lived at home, the garden is full of cars!

Youngest son and GF back from their cruise, middle son, wife and kids down for a visit - I am looking after their kids while they go to s concert - and, of course, a dog!

I am hoping we will all go out for a meal this weekend.

According to the news this morning it is over 380 days since Wollongong had a maximum temperature of 30°C or over - the longest period since records began. It has been a cold year, today will get into the high twenties but it is unlikely to reach 30,

Hope your day is warmer. Have a good one…

1 Like

Hi

Good morning all

A very noisy start to the day, very strong winds with even stronger gusts.

It is howling outside and the hospital is a building site, I think some type of panelling has come loose outside and is banging about in the wind making a loud noise.

Friday today, the last chance to get home this week, rarely enough staff around to do a discharge with a care package and sign off on strong slow release opioids for home use on a weekend.

I may well be doing good morning Monday from hospital again.

Have a good day wherever you are and stay safe.

1 Like

Good morning all.

Hope you get home today Swimmers.

Off out to Gorleston Town this morning need to get a few things.

Its very windy here.

Have a good day all.

Morning all!

Another frazzling day yesterday. When I got up, the smoke detector was chirping. I changed the battery. Then I called the utility company to get the issue straightened out. I had just paid it early so nothing to do with my service. But dealing with her was obnoxious.

Another day of hoping that I’ll have a calm and peaceful day today.

Have a peaceful day everyone.

I was just going to bed when you posted this :joy::rofl:… Happy Friday

Morning all.

Yes it was windy last night. Though the dog had done her toilet just after 9 she asked to go out sometime around 2, but when I opened the back door she poked her head out and came straight back in. Thanks but no thanks. :rofl::rofl:

Taking her for the booster vac this afternoon. Will need to give her half her food before then the rest when we get home because of the time slot.

Good morning!

Another wet & windy day by the looks of things
Nothing much planned, I’ll probably just potter about indoors

Hmmmm…I seem to be doing a lot of that recently, I must be getting soft in my old age!
I really should get myself wrapped up and go for a walk, even if it’s just to the local shops or the pub

Yes, I realise but it’s a compromise - the recent “Good Morning” threads were posted at night when I am going to bed by which time I have forgotten what I did that morning so I rarely posted whereas this will still be there when you wake up in the morning fresh and eager to post your vision for the day.

I am not complaining it is just a fact of life whereas in previous times it was still early/mid arvo when the good morning thread was posted so the morning was still within living memory :wink:

No complaints… It just made me smile that I was tucking up and you were welcoming the sunrise :sunrise: someone, somewhere is always awake :blush: