Good Morning 25th January 2024

At 6am (the coolest part of the day) it was 29° though today is only forecast to be in the low/mid 30s. I haven’t actually slept under the bedcovers for a week or more.

Just returned from my seniors’ meeting, the first of the year. I had to rush home as my new washing machine is being delivered today. My old one still works fine but it is several decades old and makes a lot of worrying squealing noises as it operates - no electronics in it, it is all knobs and stepper motors.

The neighbourhood mowers are out in force this morning trying to keep the grass under control - it goes mad with the rain, sun and heat.

Tomorrow is Australia Day and supposed to start off a scorcher before a real southerly buster comes through in the middle of the day. Or so the forecast says.

BTW Australia’s population hit 27 million yesterday.

I’m just down the road from you and it’s early afternoon here.But Good Morning!

1 Like

Yeah but the UK members have been known to complain that it is still yesterday if I post earlier and the US people are probably still having yesterday’s lunch :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Don’t often start the Good Morning thread but I am waiting for a delivery so I need to be alert.

1 Like

Morning all.

Now I have my car back I can do some driving about today. Shopping then seeing to my sister’s cats. She left around 6am, picked up by taxi, to have her dialysis line fitted and start treatment. She almost got a new kidney end of last week but it was unsuitable.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Hello everyone, I’m new here