Goat demoted by the Army

1 Like

It’s understandable that the goat disobeyed an order as goats tend to butt heads. I’m not kidding!

1 Like

I daresay Goaty had his reasons, he’s hardly a human who has to obey human orders after all!
Perhaps he didn’t feel well that day, or if it was their natural breeding season he would have other things on his mind that walking in step. :grinning:

1 Like

American NBC.

Regimental animals. Plain daft.

The 1st Battalion, The Royal Welsh, has had a long tradition of travelling with a pet goat used in ceremonies. The Welsh regiment was presented with a goat from the royal herd in 1746, and Billy is a descendant from the same bloodline, Britain’s Ministry of Defense said.

A total of 11 ceremonial pets — including a ferret, an Indian black buck and a ram — are kept by the British army, but regiments do not take the mascots to combat zones. British legislators were told last month that keeping the pets costs the equivalent of $55,000 a year.

I like goats.They’ve got attitude and they’ll eat anything.

1 Like

I like them too, Smiffy, and kept them for around 20 years.
They are clever old things, and used to open their doors and gates with their lips if I didn’t watch out
Funny and endearing characters, and the kids are very loveable.

3 Likes

Well i hope he keeps his pension,those others that butt heads seem to.

2 Likes

Naughty Mr Goat hope he isn’t court martialed doesn’t that mean a firing squad…I know it doesn’t but maybe they should tell him it might and he will stay in line next time :wink:

Poor goat…but at least he gets to be free to do what he likes now! :goat:

1 Like

Bless its lil head butting heart.

1 Like

@Psmith Yeah, Paddy Mginty new all about that Smiffy !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

Right Houdini’s.

1 Like

That made me smile - there’s a lot of cute daftness about military mascots.

My husband’s unit didn’t have a live animal but they had an unofficial mascot of a cartoon cat - they used to mess about drawing pictures of him. I remember them making a man-size cardboard cut-out using the cartoon cat’s face, then dressing him up in military uniform and photographing him in various poses. Over the years, it turned into a symbol of their unit and they produced badges with his image on.

What about this high-ranking military mascot

Brigadier Sir Nils Olav III
He is the colonel-in-chief of the Norwegian King’s Guard

He lives in Edinburgh Zoo, so the Norwegian Guards go to visit him for inspections!

1 Like

That is so typical, Cinders. :grinning: