General Strike?

A Trade Union is a group of people paid, by their members, to look after the welfare of their members.

I suggest that they have little interest in the rest of the people who have to get by on their Pensions or the pay obtained by working in the Jobs I mentioned.

In reality, those Unions, by their actions (strikes) use the ordinary employee as a pawn in their financial “warfare”!

The one who can’t get a train to work, etc., the ones who doesn’t get paid because he/she cannot do their job because of a striker.

I’m hinting at a different, independant group.
That idea needs some work! (no pun intended).

Maybe we should be able to take legal action against those who stop us doing our gainful employment.

2 Likes

I can’t agree with taking legal action bit…like I said up thread, the people who are striking are also Joe Public who are being affected by the strikes. The postie won’t get his rubbish collected, just like the bin men won’t get their mail. Everyone is affected by strike action, but everyone is also affected by living costs and energy prices going through the roof. The only people who are not affected is the government and their cronies…those who can do something about it - but won’t.

Who would pay the independent group - tax payers?

1 Like

Taxpayers, in my opinion, are a minority group.

I was thinking more of an Association.

People who are affected are, not always, taxpayers, workers, pensioners, Civil Servants.

An Association…ok, sounds like an idea. Who pays them though?

Maybe they don’t need to get paid.

Nobody is going to sort our someone else’s argument voluntarily…It would be nice if they did, but it won’t happen.

the churches could do it - they seem pretty empty and idle atm??

Churches have a bias too, Gumbud…:smiley:

they are usually unbiased on even days!

1 Like

Actually Pixie, we’ve never had it so good. You must stop and look around how better off you are than say your grandparents.
The progress and wealth the working class person in this country has achieved can not carry on at the rate that it has done over these last fifty years. Everyone with an expensive mobile phone and access to the internet, almost every family with at least one vehicle, foreign holidays and world travel, some even affording to live abroad in holiday homes…
Raising wages only encourages companies to move overseas where labour is cheaper.

2 Likes

we allow incompetent politicians with varied experiences and quals to run the country instead of honesty to goodness scientists that under human behavior and body functions?

?
:017:

Yes I know we have it better than our grandparents. So does that mean we need to go back to the way they lived, having experienced the “good life”? Thats how its going…

Everybody wants more, but the worst are those who run big companies,like Supermarkets.

I wonder how many supported Azz 's ideas when he was looking for ways to reduce the profits they make?

All politicians can find reasons why they should allow big business to make large profits… because they want the taxes they pay, but if everyone wants a pay rise most of it will be taxed and prices will stay high.

There are too many humans on this planet, and they get a higher standard of living than previous generations. Until they learn to lower their standards this problem will continue . If the big companies weren’t so determined to make the highest profits they could sell food & fuel at lower cost & people wouldn’t need to strike.

I am not saying Azz had all the answers, but he was encouraging us to try and help ourselves!

Hi

The alternative to strikes.

I was, for most of my life, in occupations were you were not allowed to strike.

This was on the grounds of risk to public health or public safety.

You were however entitled to take industrial action short of striking.

I am against strike action for the following reasons.

It costs you money because of loss of wages.

It affects ordinary people who are in no way connected with the dispute, both in their daily lives and also financially, eg additional childcare costs.

In many instances strikes encourage employers to take things slowly to see if they can starve you back to work.

In circumstances such as these, the target has to be Government in all it’s various forms.

Theses circumstances are multinational, affect lots of Countries, they cannot be sorted by individual companies, no matter how large they are.

Withdrawing cooperation with the employer, in this case Government, is very effective.

No reports, no responses to questions, no committee reports, no minutes prepared and published.

No financial information, no statistics, zilch, nothing.

Politicians are control freaks, they like to seem to be in control and know what they are doing.

They absolutely hate to be on TV or Radio and having to admit that they know nothing.

No prepared answers for them.

The entire system breaks down in a fortnight and they are ready to talk.

The sensible thing to do is then to talk behind the scenes, not in public, be sensible in your demands, never claim victory and let Government announce the outcome as their idea.

you sound like a planted ‘mole’!

1 Like

Hi

I and others were paid to win by our employers , i.e. the Government.

We merely used the same tactics against them as we used on others.

That’s not what I’m saying Pixie, but you have to admit that we are far more better off than our grandparents, and no doubt our kids and grandkids will be better off than we are. How long can this carry on?
I don’t have the answers because nobody wants to take a cut in wages or lifestyle.

We shouldn’t be concerned with how many people there are on the planet Twink, our problem should be, how many people there are living in the UK. It’s not the amount of people living here that matters as much as the life each one of us expects.

1 Like

Populations in developed countries are allowed to expand to allow the government to farm for taxes …

Yep, and that’s the problem Jaded. It’s all about a good economy and the sod the planet.

1 Like