Free Travel for all

Now is the time to plan a visit to Sydney. From the 14th April to near the end of the month travel on Sydney’s buses, trains and ferries will be free for every one.

Public transport will be free across Sydney’s entire network for 12 consecutive days during the Easter holidays.

Free public transport will begin on April 14 and run for 12 days and will include Anzac Day.

The free travel comes after weeks of tense negotiations between the state government and rail union over pay and workplace conditions which culminated in a 24-hour shutdown of the train network last month. The Union wanted fare free Fridays until June

So where the Bloody Hell are You?

1 Like

Here. :rofl:

1 Like

Sitting up at the table with my lappy deployed as I browse OFF :grin:

You’ve obviously missed our PM’s contribution to culture before he was sacked and became a pollie.

Actually, come to think of it, it might have been banned in the UK and only went out in the USA.

No it wasn’t banned, it should have been.:smiley::smiley:

On a more serious note I watched a documentary on Al Jazeera called the Lords of Water and how the money men are making a killing from water and the massive corruption with Australians particularly farmers paying millions of dollars via an app for water.

According to Wikipedia:

Bans due to perceived controversial language

The advertising campaign caused controversy in March 2007 when it was banned by the Broadcast Advertising Clearance Centre in the United Kingdom, which would not allow the word “bloody” in television versions of the commercial. Following lobbying by Tourism Australia, including a visit to the UK by Australia’s tourism minister Fran Bailey and Lara Bingle, the ban was lifted, although a 9pm “watershed” was imposed on television commercials in May.

In March 2007, the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK ordered the removal of roadside billboards bearing the slogan. The ASA stated that it had received 32 complaints and warned Tourism Australia to refrain from using profanity in future billboards. Tourism minister Fran Bailey responded:

“What an absolutely, incredibly ludicrous stance and a greater example of double standards you’d never find. Everyone is shaking their heads, especially as it’s in a country where they allow the FCUK billboards. … I mean what is it about our campaign that they find offensive? I just don’t understand it.”[5]

The advertisement has also been banned by regulators in Canada, owing to the implication of “unbranded alcohol consumption” by the opening line, “We’ve poured you a beer”. There was also concern in Canada at the word ‘hell’ being used as an expletive. It has been allowed to run with no adverse action in countries such as the United States and New Zealand.

Not in Australia :frowning: