Forming Attachments

That made me laugh far too much! :smiley:

My fly count is back up to two again. The body of the other is still on the windowsill, so no miracles are involved. Now itā€™s just a matter of waiting to see if I can take to the new one.

Feed it and leave it. Itā€™ll be gone by the morning, they donā€™t live long :frowning:

Waitā€¦I read that wrong, you have another one? Whereā€™s your fancy cleaner woman when you need her, oh dear!

Must remember to get some decaying filth in. Iā€™ll call at the corner shop on my way home from Tesco tomorrow. :115:

If you are attracting newcomers, Tesco isnā€™t what you need :twisted:

Tesco is for me, Pixie.

Pick up some bleach then, and youā€™ll find that woman appearing from thin air!

I donā€™t need the woman, Iā€™ve got my flies.

If itā€™s on the phone, itā€™s a sheā€¦

:lol::-p:-p

Iā€™ve made an observation. Actually, Iā€™m always making observations, but they are normally too trivial to mention. This observation just made it under the bar, but not without bumping its head.

The original two flies (A&B) completely ignored each other. No interaction whatsoever. This new pairing, however, is quite different. When fly A died -although it could have been fly B that died; itā€™s hard to say- and fly C took its place, the two behaved just the same as A&B did. But now, they seem to have teamed up, and they also seem to be having a negative influence on one another. Itā€™s as if they are egging each other on. The behaviour of both fly B and fly C is far naughtier than was the case with fly A and fly B. They are walking on far more forbidden surfaces. I think it may be necessary for me to take action. :027:

You are clearly having a bad influence on them, Harbal. They were good and decent flies before they came to you. Now you have ruined them! :smiley:

Not yet, Pixie, but I fear it may be imminent.

They sound like a couple of fly-by-nights.

What will you do if they lay eggs and have babies Harbal. Flies are notoriously bad at parenthood. :shock:

If they carry on as they are, they wonā€™t be flying at all by tonight. :twisted:

I donā€™t know what Iā€™ll do, but I will do something.

Without sounding cruelā€¦

have you thought about getting one of those disgusting looking fly sticky strips that you can hang up wherever you wish to view them slowly and horribly in sticky glue stuck fastā€¦imagine the fun with one of thoseā€¦no fly by just stuck upā€¦end up with a collection, like some people collect dead butterflies and mount themā€¦on mountables

Iā€™ve been trying to swat them with a rubber glove for the past hour. Itā€™s unbelievable how fast the little sods can move. Their reflexes are quicker than lightning. :shock:

Iā€™m so impressed, Iā€™m tempted to let them off.

Look at those huge sad eyesā€¦how can you harm that - lookit, its almost in tears