Food fit for a Queen

I love to cook and try new recipes even if the results aren’t always great!

And a thing I like to do is copy recipes from big events, like Royal Weddings, the G7 or food famous people like

So I’ve got a Pinterest page full of food that Queen Elizabeth liked and I think it’s rather a nice memory

I’ve had a go at all of them except the salmon ones, they’re a bit beyond my skills :fearful:

Jammy Pennies

Scrambled eggs

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

Gleneagles Pate

Dropscones

Gaelic Steak

Chocolate Perfection Pie

Salmon

1 Like

I have to say I watched that chef make that chocolate biscuit cake, when he cut into it, it fell to bits!..:joy::joy:

I will definitely be giving that a whirl, :+1:

1 Like

Apologies that this isn’t the Queen’s recipe. It’s a recipe that used to be made for Princess Diana - but I can confirm that I have made this and it’s absolutely delicious. I didn’t include the thyme, sage, almonds or vinegar. But the combination of prunes, madeira, dijon bay, pork loin, chicken stock is very special.

1 Like

That does sound good, I’ll give it a go :+1:

1 Like

He definitely cheats anyway, that slice was already cut!

It cuts out better if you don’t make the biscuit chunks too big, press it down well in the tin and if it’s not too cold

1 Like

I don’t think one could freeze that chocolate biscuit cake, Maree?

I wouldn’t dare make one that big, as I couldn’t trust myself not to eat it.

I found these rings, I’m going to try and make a couple on a much smaller scale…I’ve been watching quite a few tutorials on YouTube and found what I consider to be the best recipe.

Like Prince Williams chef, I prefer mine to be made with all chocolate, plus mine will be made with milk chocolate, I don’t care much for dark chocolate…thanks for posting ,Maree, I would never have thought to make this biscuit cake, which is so easy to make.

My taste buds have certainly changed over the years.

1 Like

I’ve never kept one long enough to freeze, my lot soon scoff it

But I don’t think I would freeze it because the biscuit might go soggy?

It’s one of those recipes you can adapt to any size really

1 Like

I forgot to say, in his original recipe he put an egg in it but I notice he didn’t on the video

It probably makes it richer but I’ve never put it in because I don’t fancy the uncooked egg :fearful: (although I have been known to add a slurp of Baileys!)

These are his ingredients so you could just divide by 4 and make a teeny one if you wanted to!

• 1/2 teaspoon butter, for greasing the pan
    • 8 ounces Rich tea biscuits or sweet cookies
    • 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
    • 4 ounces granulated sugar
    • 4 ounces dark chocolate
    • 1 egg
  • ICING
    • 8 ounces dark chocolate, for coating
    • 1 ounce chocolate, for decoration

(I use caster sugar instead of granulated)

This is a nice, egg free recipe :+1: