Food Cravings!

Do you ever have food cravings? For what? Anything that triggers them? Add yours below!

1 Like

I’ve recently been craving a lot of my mum’s dishes, and was talking about it to my sister and her boys - and one of her sons said how much he loved my spag bol! And that got me craving some so I decided to make some…

I used to use “Seeds of Change” sauce but no longer have any jars/tinned food so thought I would make it from scratch, and it turned out even better than I thought it would!

Onion
Celery
Carrot
Tomatoes
A little thyme
S&P
Red wine
Minced beef (12% fat)
Parmigiano Reggiano
:orange_heart:

4 Likes

It’s funny you should say this because for the last week I’ve been craving cockles and brown bread and butter! I haven’t got a clue where that can from or why :woman_shrugging:

The seafood shack on the beach doesn’t open until Easter, I could get a jar from the supermarket but it won’t be the same……

2 Likes

I just discovered this…I want to try it

3 Likes

I have constant cravings for ice cream but a 2 litre tub only lasts me a couple of days so I just buy the 1 litre tub of Caramel and Macadamia only and only very occasionally.

2 Likes

I love Spring Onions, I have two or three every night with a sandwich, I can’t do without them.

2 Likes

My craving is spinach omelete i cook in the air fryer.

4 Likes

Peanut butter… I’ve taken to buying it by the tub :drooling_face:

I’m partial to letting my hair down with one of these from time to time too…do I care? :wink:

2 Likes

I like crunchy Peanut Butter too but I just buy the 1kg jars. Or rather I used to buy the 1kg jars but notice that they now are only 980gms. Bastards!

However I can’t say it is a craving but I like it and do what the Americans do (sort of) and spread it with jam or marmalade

2 Likes

I’ve never tried that…they used to refer to ’ peanut butter and jelly sandwiches’ quite regularly on the kid’s programme Sesame Street way back when. Maybe I should give it a try, maybe not :thinking:

1 Like

I really can’t resist chocolate, but my wife says I’m not allowed it because I need to lose a little weight.

2 Likes

IMO food cravings are a sign of something essential missing from a regular eating diet. I do not have any food cravings, but then I eat a very well-balanced diet and also ensure I ingest enough calories to alleviate any sings of hunger without putting on unnecessary weight.

2 Likes

Absolutely, ice cream should be the foundation of every sensible diet.

2 Likes

I get the impression that in Merica it comes in jars premixed. I have never seen that so just use a thin smear of what ever jam or marmalade I have to hand on what is a mainly peanut butter sandwich. It tastes very nice, my favourite is Ginger Marmalade but any jam will do. Try it, you only live once, no need to die wondering.

2 Likes

Okay Bruce… I’ll give it a go!
Not entirely convinced about the fruitier jams but the ginger marmalade could work very nicely indeed! :+1:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say mine were cravings, more like just being a :pig: especially of an evening if i get bored. Chocolate, crisps, sweets, biscuits, anything will do as long as it’s something to munch that’s NOT good for me :grin:

3 Likes

Cravings this week have been dill pickles and cheese chunks with
apple slices, and a small dish of peanut butter on the side…it’s a
snack I really like, eat it all at the same time…

YUM

2 Likes

I am with you on that, I always keep a large jar of Bread and Butter Pickles on hand for cheese and/or tuna sandwiches or just to eat by themselves with a piece of cheese…

2 Likes