Folding houses - would you live in one?

Do they have plumbed in toilets and water?

There’s no way I’m emptying the container like they do with caravan ones! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I can’t think of anything worse no room for anything :frowning:

Give me that safe secure feeling of being surrounded by masonry any time.

Oh I would give it a go! Looks like fun…:joy:

1 Like

Fun … FUN?? Have you seen the debris left behind after a tornado has ripped through a US town comprised of stick built housing? I once owed a masonry built home here along the south coast 10 miles from my present location and that was ripped into by a tornado after a waterspout came inland. Yes, the roof was ripped off, but the main structure still stood and we survived in a large wardrobe. Had it been the US style timber framed, we probably would not have survived.

I don’t live in the US though. We don’t get tornados. A few gusty gales, yes but it looks sturdy enough to withstand that :smiley:

1 Like

I’ll take one please…for a holiday home

2 Likes

@summer Canal holiday the best. Home is where you moor it.

1 Like

@Longdriver, Tell that to the Ukranians !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I’m quite impressed but wondering why we havnt seen any or been shown on TV in areas where people have lost their homes . I’d give the folding house a go . It’s clever

1 Like

We dont get tornados. Don’t we? So why did one rip my roof off during the summer of '98 and cause over £70k damage to my home and several outbuildings in West Sussex?
Tornado - Met Office

I now reside 10 miles away to the east from those fierce costal winds and 2 miles inland :+1:

What have the Ukrainians got to do with flimsy housing? They seem to prefer concrete and blockwork.

@LongDriver , l would have thought that was obvious LD ??
A load of their ‘bricks & mortar’ residences have recently collapsed ?

Our summerhouse is preferable to that ugly mess.

1 Like

If your bricks & mortar gaff was being bombarded by Putin’s shells, that would collapse too!

@LongDriver , Exactly my point !

LD your house got hit by that tornado , how frightening

Frightening is the polite way of putting it as that episode was the most scary thing we had encountered in all of our married life. We had previously thought about moving away from the sea’s edge and that tornado made our minds up. We moved east and also 2 miles inland to escape the almost constant strong gusts whipping up the Channel. Being about 2 miles inland, we no longer have to daily wash the salt from the windows to keep them clean.

2 Likes