Flu jabs - have you had yours?

Ah! Kelly Brogan, Holistic Psychiatrist, is a cherry-picking conspiracy theorist who utilizes non-credible resources to bash Western Medicine.

I was in the NHS for years dealing with pts, so was offered the jab every year and every year I declined.

Got my letter offering the jab at the surgery a couple of weeks ago and I’ve ignored it.

I’ve had flu once, when I was single parent with a 4 yr old. TBH I have absolutely no idea how I coped and I can’t really remember much about it, just thought my time was up and what would happen to my daughter.

My view of life now is that there’s one road left, the last one. So if flu gets me, so be it. I’ll take my chances without the jab ta very much.

The BMJ (formerly the British Medical Journal) is an international peer reviewed medical journal

Margaret McCartney: What use is mass flu vaccination?

“For each healthy adult, a Cochrane review found that vaccination saved an average of just 0.04 days off work and concluded that no evidence supported it as a routine public health measure”

“The NHS has a “Flu Fighter” campaign to encourage uptake and offer incentives for staff to bare their biceps. In return for vaccination, hospitals have offered their staff entry into cash prize draws, as well as chocolates, lollipops, cakes, biscuits, stickers that read “I’m a Flu Fighter,” and even an extra day’s annual leave, some freedom of information requests have shown. But will those days off work be offset by the average 0.04 days saved through vaccination?”

As a diabetic I, too, am offered a flu jab on each and every visit to the GP’s surgery. Perhaps ‘offered’ is not quite correct; ‘begged’ might me more appropriate.

However, I always decline. The only thing I really fear is the dreaded man-flu.

What hospital was that then?..never in my 40 year career has that happened
I missed out in my sticker
:frowning:

What Science Says About Getting A Flu Shot

"A review of all existing literature on the effectiveness of flu shot campaigns showed that “the available evidence is of poor quality and provides no guidance regarding the safety, efficacy, or effectiveness of influenza vaccines for people aged 65 or older.”

[I]"As we come across additional studies regarding the ineffectiveness of the flu shot, we will post them here:

A 2008 study in the Archives of Paediatric and Adolescent Medicine found that vaccinating children 6-59 months of age against the flu had no impact on flu-related hospitalizations or doctor visits during two recent flu seasons. “
significant influenza vaccine effectiveness could not be demonstrated for any season, age, or setting.”

A 2008 study published in the Lancet reported that the flu shot did not reduce risk of pneumonia in the elderly.

A systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6-23 months was published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews in 2006 and found no evidence that the flu shot was any more effective than a placebo in children under 2 years of age.[/I]

Honestly Pat, your cred on this topic is pretty poor.

http://www.nhsemployers.org/campaigns/flu-fighter/nhs-flu-fighter/flu-fighter-awards

NHS Flu fighter awards 2016

[I]The flu fighter awards recognise the achievements and successes of flu teams around the country.

Flu teams across England submitted over 70 different entries to the seven categories this year. The most remarkable were invited to attend the awards ceremony on 22 March in Horizon, Leeds.

flu fighter champion – Liz Grady, Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
Liz showed an incredible level of leadership when targeting and organising her fun campaign. She managed to improve uptake from 68 per cent to an incredible 78 per cent this season
"[/I]

God there is even an NHS Twitter feed for the “Flu Fighter” campaign

How sick !

https://twitter.com/NHSFlufighter

The implications for the reputation of Cochrane Reviews are serious.
Criticisms of Cochrane reviews have been made previously. Given its role in the promotion of ‘Evidence-Based’ medicine including providing evidence for the preparation of guidelines, the Cochrane Collaboration needs to clarify how it discharges its responsibilities for the quality of reviews published under its imprimatur, and how it responds when they are shown to have come to unjustified conclusions.

Never had anyone target me to have the shot
no need I always have it anyway.

My last Flu jab was in 2010 after having them yearly for over 20yrs. I was flat on my back for nearly 4 weeks needing o2. The damage flu does to my lungs is unrepairable.Swore after that bout never to have the jab again and started building up my own immune system to fight it off.
So as well as my doc at the Brompton putting me on long term anti’s that along with my Rhodiola I have not had a cold or flu since.
But I did have my pneumonia jab 2 weeks ago because I need that every 5yrs having alpha1.
I am very happy with my own decision although my gp and the nurses are always hounding me. You would think they would have given up by now but every year I get the phone calls and every year I say no.

That would explain my GP surgery’s eagerness in encouraging me to have one!

Yep.

When coupled with the CDC’s published presentation on how to promote the flu jab via a campaign of fear, one begins to see how deep and disgusting the entire flu jab scam is.

“the Seven-Step Recipe for Generating Interest in, and Demand for, Flu(or any other) Vaccination”

No
Realist’s ‘campaign’ example is purely to encourage NHS staff uptake.

Don’t you have anything recent?

Why? What is your point there?

Are you seriously suggesting that a damaging CDC report that encouraged health companies to foster demand for flu jabs through a campaign of fear should be ignored or dismissed because it wasn’t written this year?

Should we let murderers out of prison if they haven’t murdered in the last 12 months?

Honestly you’re getting more desperate by the hour trying to defend the indefensible.

Victims Crippled and Killed by the Flu Shot Compensated by U.S. Government

"The June 2014 report from the Department of Justice on damages paid by the U.S. Government to vaccine victims was recently published on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources website. There were 120 cases of vaccine injuries decided. 78 cases received compensation, while 42 cases were denied.

Most of the U.S. public is unaware that a U.S. citizen, by law, cannot sue a pharmaceutical company for damages resulting from vaccines. Congress gave them total legal immunity in 1986, and that law was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court in 2011.

There is a special “vaccine court” called the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program that is funded through a tax on vaccines. If you are injured or killed by a vaccine, you must hire an attorney and fight tax-funded government attorneys to seek damages, as you cannot sue the drug manufacturers. As you can see from the report below, it takes years to reach a settlement, with the longest case below being settled after 11 years. Therefore, this report probably only represents a tiny fraction of the actual number of people harmed or killed by vaccines, since it is so difficult to fight the government in court to win a settlement."

Realist
just a concern.

If an OFF member decided to reject the flu jab based on your posts, and that person died from a flu related illness, how would you feel?

Stating an opinion is fine but surely giving advice that contradicts the advice given by professionals is rather arrogant and dangerous.

What advice is it that you think I am giving?

I am simply putting up the facts, scientific facts, nothing more. People must do their own research and make up their minds.

Jayzus!,wharra lot of auld fannies You are
have You nothing better to do on a Saturday night FFS
oops
I’m supposed to be on a sabattical from this 'ere joint :-p