Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

No mate, no Bread in my list. They’re okay but a bit lightweight for me but I do like that track quite a lot actually. I love ‘Guitar Man’ though.

I always thought that the Guitar Man, guitar part sounded a bit naïve, then, a couple of months ago, I heard on the radio that, Gates himself played the guitar on that track, not the bands guitarist, so, now it all adds up.

You can’t stop now can you Floydy? :lol:

What mate? That list of years…no, I can’t. Just some useless trivia to add to the thread I suppose! :024:

Like how many tracks did Jimmy Page play session guitar on?

It seems like hundreds doesn’t it, Ffosse?
I don’t know, but I have this double CD which came out about 20 years ago (bought from Andy’s Records…remember them?). Hope you can see the track listing on the back cover:

Oh, and I’ve found this link too:
https://www.jimmypage.com/discography/sessions

Cool link - thanks. I didn’t know he’d played on Downtown by Petula Clark.

Yes, and Sitting On A Fence by Twice As Much as well.

I also have sessions CDs from Deep Purple’s Richie Blackmore and Steve Howe (Yes) too.
Quite surprising how they all started out isn’t it?

Another rock name that didn’t make the BIG LIST was Santana.Very large in the 70’s.I can take him in small doses.

Didn’t Abraxas make the BIG LIST?

Appleogies if it did,I missed it.:blush:

No mate. I don’t have my list so I don’t know myself. Anyway it’s not important.
I think the thread has run its course now to be honest :slight_smile:

so it’s not au revoir it’s goodbye.:slight_smile:

Yeah maybe. Nowhere left to go now.:039:

Probably catch you in the Unsusng.

Hi mate.
Yeah I reckon so. I put some vids in there earlier this week.
I’ve got quite a few bands I can think of who should have made it but didn’t. :slight_smile:

Did you have any Allman Brothers band, Floydy? They are quite good.

There’s two in this thread somewhere, Ffosse.
The Live At Fillmore East is a Great album, so is Idlewild South.
Single ‘Midnight Rider’ is my favourite song of theirs .

Enjoy…

Roy Harper… One For All

https://youtu.be/uudM6OZ_E6s

I like that a lot, Moscow. Seems I need to look into Harper’s discography a little more. Might see if there’s a decent box set.

This thread looks like it’s a place for posting any albums of interest now the main topic is done and dusted. Nothing wrong with that at all. We might as well keep it chugging along like an old Grateful Dead bootleg…

Going off on my hols now folks, so keep posting. Back on here in a fortnight :slight_smile: