Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

:lol::lol:

Yes maybe it was to early in the morning for me because I got hoodwinked into thinking it was actually a album until about half hour ago and when I realised it was just a mixture I thought bugger it leave it there cos it sounds ok… :lol:

Its a great thread mate don’t let it die. :slight_smile:

This compilation is actually a new one to me Longfellow, so your post isn’t entirely wasted :cool:

It’s the choice of others to keep delving in here if they wish I think. I’ll just answer any sporadic posts.
But it is a good guide to classic albums and I’m sure there is something for everyone in it, however personal a list it is. :slight_smile:

I’d do another thing along similar lines (and I have tried again twice), but I just don’t have the time. This list was enjoyable to compile but it did restrict me virtually living my life for five months and drove my nuts! :wink:

Just post the albums and cut down on the information would be my way after all most of it is wasted on people like me because I just click on the music… :lol:

Wow, not seen this thread before (well, I was aware of something going on after joining OFF in the latter part of last year), just been reading through the top 200.

Yep the vast majority would be in my top 200 too. :smiley: :023:

There you go then mate, they’re not all as crap as the ones I was selling are they? :mrgreen::mrgreen:
Hope you don’t go to the end and see what No.1 is. That’s cheating. Everybody else had to wait and so can you :lol:
(For the full list in concise form, see Posts #2633-2636) :wink:

Yes, I think you joined just after I completed the project end of last May. The whole thing nearly finished me off to be honest as you will see as you read on. I begin to implode and go into meltdown.:confused::shock:

It’s quite sad to see the replies from dear old Ffosse though. He contributed often to the thread and was very fond of his music, especially the songwriters albums. Ditto Nom, always there for a chat. :frowning:

Yes we’ve lost some big names in the music dept.

d00d.

Floydys Famous Favourite (F)Thousand is a mine of information.
Enjoy :slight_smile:

Cheers :023:

Just thinking about the 90s …

What! no Morrissey?

Dog Man Star is Suede’s masterpiece.

Blur’s fifth album Blur definitely deserves a placing.

IMO

OK, enough of that. :smiley:

Hmmm. I like Suede but I didn’t buy any albums, just the greatest hits and I didn’t include collections. I think of them as more of a singles band. Never really liked Blur at all. Damon Albarn sounds like he’s got a speech impediment.
The Smiths have some entries though, but no Morrissey sadly.

It’s all personal opinions though, but I did like the comments at the time and we all had a few minor disagreements. Then again, it’s only one person’s viewpoint :cool:

I’d love to do a ‘favourite songs’, but I just don’t have the time.

You should try that Morrissey album produced Mick Ronson … a beaut.

Yes, as you say, it’s all personal opinion. Also there is only so much one can listen to, absorb.

Some of the records you mention … I know the name, I know it did well, I know and like other works by the same artist, but I just never got around to listening to this particular one. You probably know that feeling.

No thread is ever dead, where are you Floydy you are missed .

Fella if your interest in music as died off a little then listen to a couple of Rolling Stones Albums they will get the brain cells lighting up again.

This Stones album really really blew my mind last night “Bridges To Buenos Aires” I watched the full concert.

Then this morning I went onto Rolling Stones Hot Rock 1964-1971

Now I am just clearing my head with “Bridges Of Babylon”

Got my new car well nearly new its a 10 model but immaculate black n chrome Zafira.
I am a happy bunny guess what music I am gonna be blasting out in it… :lol:

Anybody still got this old goody .
1966 Donovan …They had just released me I was free.

This is me at present its how gabapentin and naproxen and a little co-codomol make me feel like. :lol:

FLOYDY come back FFS.!!!

There’s an interesting youtube thing,LF, with Donovan telling us how he taught the Beatles to play guitar.:slight_smile:

Wot you mean the Beatles played those guitars… :surprised::lol::lol::lol:

Thats it Smithy you keep shouting at him and maybe he will listen to you. He’s probably in one of his grumpy moods… :lol:

You have[8,000 plus albums]?..YOU’RE MY HERO!!!

Been reviewing this rather long thread. So, let revive it !

:smiley:

No, Hull needs to sleep.

Haven’t seen LF in the all new sparkly forum yet.He owned the music dept at one time.

This is a very interesting thread

I’ve learnt a lot from Floydy’s Fantastic Favouties

I’ve been reading this thread with great interest

1 Like