First official portrait: The Duke & Duchess Of Cambridge

Yes I agree, I’m glad they were included too. That other more candid photo where they are grinning, is how they are normally shown. They look relaxed there. The portrait is just a bit too formal for my liking I think. Its almost as if they are trying too hard.

1 Like

This article explains the history.

1 Like

Hi

What I love are the comments from Morti, ST and Art.

Absolutely spot on and straight to the point, as usual.

Kate is not allowed to show any bare cleavage on instructions of the Queen, a rule she follows.

A bit of a handful is Kate, no pun intended.

She is a very independent female.

The rules do not say no underwear and she is known to go not only braless but also commando.

Photographic evidence is available, but not on the UK Media.

Amazingly like a photo !
Undeniably looks like them.
However it doesn’t flatter .

I may be wrong but the finish, looks a bit computer generated to me.

2 Likes

He’s got his hand in his pocket.A bit common that.The sort of thing I would do.

2 Likes

I don’t like that portrait at all.
If I was Catherine, I wouldn’t want it on display - if I took a photo of friends that came out looking as unflattering as that, I’d press the “Delete” button!

3 Likes

I always enjoyed this royal portrait entitled The Minister for Women Introducing His Family to a Passing Prince

3 Likes

One thing it got me thinking about was the way Kate is the star of the portrait and he’s a bit of an also run, it’s almost Kate and “husband”

And that’s a bit of theme with our Royal men, isn’t it? Maybe it’s the years of seeing the Queen leading and the Duke of Edinburgh taking a background role ( although he didn’t like it!)

Diana and Charles, for example, she outshone him, Megan and Harry, Kate and William ……

I’m all for equality but he’s the one who’s going to be King, for goodness sake, let him get a look-in :rofl::rofl:

Just like in my family.The women have always been the bossy ones.

The Cambridges, looking like themselves (:wink:), after the unveiling:

See article for more photos.

No criticism from me - I think the picture is brilliant.

So do I Carol. I cant see anything wrong with it apart from I wish Kate had on her wonderful smile.

The likeness is brilliant looking through my eyes

“I wanted to show Their Royal Highnesses in a manner where they appeared both relaxed and approachable, as well as elegant and dignified,” comment from artist, Jamie Coreth.

Coreth incorporated Cambridge itself into the portrait, choosing background tones and a hexagonal architectural motif inspired by buildings across the city, the museum said in a statement.

They will know what to expect next time.