False teeth and dental health

Whey hey!!! ‘Our’ Mollie’s finally getting her new gnashers!!! so great big plate of crispy fried fish 'n chips next Friday night Mollie darlin!!!

Good news Mollie, roll on friday then. As Mags said it was a long tough road for you to go down but thankfully the end is in sight. I think your courage will inspire other members who’ll have to travel the same road at some stage of their lives, well done girl!.:slight_smile:

Aw, thank you all, very much. I’ll be relieved to be able to eat properly again and I’m looking forward to food I’ve been unable to eat, even something as simple as a sandwich.

Mmmm, a fish and chip supper might just be on the cards to treat myself with this coming Friday night. :mrgreen:

I haven’t been able to eat proper food for a long time now, and I’ve been so hungry.

I’m well aware that I’ll have to learn how to eat certain foods, and speak properly again, but if this thread is of any help to anyone who may be having serious problems with their teeth, I hope that I have been some help in some small way. No two people are the same, and I have to admit I’m still horrified by what has happened, but I do know that I’m doing the right thing, albeit something I never dreamt would happen, but it has, and I have to be thankful that it’s not a more serious medical complaint. :wink:

It’s been almost a year since I put this topic up, and I’m truly grateful for the wonderful support I’ve had, so thank you once again, everybody. :slight_smile:

Recently, this year, I have been taking extra care with my teeth. I brush carefully after every meal, also floss with a floss stick. After the last meal of the day, I brush and floss using floss string, also rinse with special mouthwash. Hopefully, I can put off the day when I need serious dental work.

:-D[I]Mollie, try to remember…Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and in the heart of a caring person. I, too, in my younger years had a beautiful set of ‘pearly whites’ but with ‘AGE’-- just as you—have had to become subject to partials. Not false teeth for me either…it cost a little much but it put me at peace with myself. Don’t give up and don’t punish yourself–Those Golden Years…become Rusty years. (lol) Have a nice day and SMILE the air is good for your teeth. Cheeriooooo.:-p

Aw, thank you for that, Marcus. What a lovely way of looking at it. You are so right when you say I’ve punished myself, although I must admit I never thought that before now, but that’s what I have done, and it really wasn’t my fault this happened.

I’m so sick and weary of covering my mouth when I speak, and even more weary of not being able to eat properly so, Friday is D-Day (Denture Day), and I do have mixed feelings about it.

I only have three viable top teeth left, as the fourth is due to drop out anytime because it is so loose. I thought with the impressions I’ve had to have (not a good experience) that tooth would have come out with the gunk, but the stubborn little beggar didn’t.

I do feel a bit embarrassed actually to have caused such a fuss over my teeth, when there are people suffering with far worse medical problems than I, such as cancer, heart disease etc, to which I am very sympathetic and I should be grateful I’m not suffering those things, but for me this has been enormous, as you all know.

You really are a great bunch of folks and believe it or not, you have helped me plod along on this trek. There have been a few times where I’ve not kept my appointments, but I’ve had a bluddy good dentist who has been empathic to my situation and I’ve been very lucky to have him and Vicky, his dental assistant (who happens to have gorgeous teeth :shock:) and I truly felt that they were very supportive of me all the way.

GY: You keep cleaning and flossing chuck. I did all of that as well, but it was the gum infection that brought all this about. :frowning:

So, roll on Friday. I hope this will be the end of a long road. :smiley:

All -----the------Best…Mollie.

Good luck on Friday Mollie :slight_smile: You’ll feel so much better.

presume we’ll be getting a piccy as no doubt you’ll spend hours looking at yourself in the mirror so perhaps we could admire your gnashers too…:-D:-D

No Hazel, Mollie will be too busy enjoying her food once again, she won’t have time to look in the mirror! :slight_smile:

I’ve got it a webcam then you can watch yourself eat and send us a video. There you go Saturday night all sorted, we sit and watch Mollie eat with her new gnashers. Probably more entertaining than TV.:-D:-D

You are so right there Mags. :mrgreen: I need food, proper food! Mindst, I shall have to start to practise speaking properly again, eating normally and smiling widely again.

I’ve not done mirrors for nigh on a couple of years, but my dentist told me I have to so that I can get accustomed to the new choppers, so I shall be spending some time in the mirror admiring myself again! :smiley: :mrgreen:

Seriously though, I still have mixed feelings about all of this, even though it is now coming to a conclusion, but I am pleased that he’s not removing my bottom teeth, which is a mercy.

I tried a dental plate in my mouth last Friday, which had been made for me in the lab. It was just back teeth on both sides, and I had to check in a mirror I was happy with the colour and size of the new teeth against my bottom ones, and they looked fine. In fact, I was very pleased with them.

I’m just now lacking in confidence as to how I will cope with them but guys, I gotta eat. I reckon I’ve lost a bit of weight because I haven’t been able to eat regular food, although I have tried, and I’m only little to start with. 7 stones. I shall enjoy putting the weight back on though. :lol:

Done and dusted now folks. Thanks once again for your support. :smiley:

Right Mollie darlin’ - we’ve now got to see you feed yourself properly, build up your strength again, so lots of Steak & Kindney puddings, steamed suet puddings and custard, fish 'n chips, bangers and mash, toad in-the-hole, full Sunday roasts, curries, pizzas, paella, doughnuts, cakes, biscuits.

is that todays meals for you UJ :-D:-D What you having tomorrow??:smiley:

Hazel darlin’ - full Sunday roast with all the trimmings and Rhubarb crumble and custard for ‘pudding’.

what number bus do I catch??:-):slight_smile: Is the rhubarb with or without ginger??

WITH: Ginger, Cinnamon & Allspice.

Hazel darlin’ - from you to me - straight down the M6 to the end, join the M1. At junction 6A, turn off onto the M25 (West), come off at Junction 7 and onto the M23 - continue down the M23 till the end of the motorway. Continue South on the A23 until you reach Brighton. You have the directions in your Sat Nav once you reach Brighton.

oooh yeah, but the buses don’t run on Sundays

Trains do Hazel darlin’ - and I’ll meet you at the station.