False teeth and dental health

WhooHoo Mollie darlin’ - great news!!! We’ll have you eating full fry ups with Black puddin’ and all very soon now!!!

PS, now that you have your new gnashers and the treatment is complete, we now want a full piccy of you Mollie darlin’ of you smiling and showing us your shiny new gnashers.

No black puddin’ for me. I may be a Northern lass, but there’s no way I’d eat that. :smiley:

Sorry, no picture either. I’d have to get my hair done and put some slap on. Maybe one day though. It’s not easy to look pretty at age 63. :wink:

No worries Mollie we can wait, but beauty comes from the inside so a few wrinkles and no lippy wouldn’t make any difference to how we see you…:smiley:

I second that, Barry! :smiley:

Thank ye kindly Sir Barry, but it’s how I see myself. :wink:

I don’t have any wrinkles, except a few laughter lines around my eyes. Give me a few months to get used to my new look, then maybe … :slight_smile:

A few months Mollie darlin???:shock::shock::shock: Was hoping we’d see a happy smiling piccy of you this side of Xmas Mollie darlin’.

Sorry chuck. I’m not even doing mirrors yet, so a camera is out of the question right now. You have to understand that I have a very low esteem right now, but I will build that back up, and who knows … :slight_smile:

I’m still trying to come to terms with losing my teeth which I honestly never thought would ever happen to me. I can’t eat properly; I’m having trouble speaking properly; and despite my dentist’s best efforts, I don’t feel like me yet.

I’m sure that anyone who has been through this will understand it, but if you haven’t, you can’t.

Everyone has been so kind to me, which I really didn’t expect, and you’ve all helped me through these hard times in different ways, so thank you all once again.

When I can afford it I plan to have my hair re-designed and when I feel good about myself again, I’ll have a photy taken and put it on here. Good enough? :slight_smile:

Fair enough Mollie darlin’ - we’ll hold you to that - perhaps a piccy of you next Spring sitting on a swing with a broad smile on your face.

Mollie, it’s quite understandable you need time to adjust to your new change, I can’t even begin to understand what it must feel like for you at the moment.

Never mind the photo, you don’t have to post one … just concentrate on regaining your confidence and feeling better about yourself again.

Thank you Mags for being so understanding. I’m still not able to eat properly and this is a bit of a torment for me because I’m not able to chew like I used to.

I’m gaining a little more confidence when I’m speaking to people now and smiling again, and I sometimes forget by putting my hand over my mouth, but I am definitely getting there. :smiley:

By the time you have your Christmas Dinner you should be chewing like a good un!! It wont take long. I know you probably feel like you have a mouthfull of plastic at the moment but you’ll soon get used to that.

Thank you Lynne, but it’s hard to explain. I feel like my teeth aren’t even on both sides. I tried lamb and roast potatoes today, but had to give up.

I usually get invited to my brother’s house for Christmas dinner, but I think I’ll be declining this year because I can’t eat properly, as it’s just too embarrassing.

I cat imagane must be hard to get used to the teeth
may take time to get used to them

Hello Mollie, forgive me for prying (I’m new here), but something in your last post caught my eye. You said you don’t feel like your teeth are even on both sides? Have you spoken with your dentist about that? It doesn’t seem to me to be something you should have to ‘get used to’.

Best wishes to you!

Hi Sophia. What a lovely name and welcome to the forum. No, you’re not prying at all. My teeth don’t feel even on both sides so I will be going back to my dentist soon. He’ll fix it for me, I’m sure, but thanks for your input. :wink:

It still all feels so odd. I can chew pretty well, but I can’t bite down on a sandwich or burger. I have to feed myself from a spoon or fork right now, but I shall get there eventually. :smiley:

I’m sure everything will be back to normal very soon Mollie!

Thanks Old Bugger! :smiley: I’s’t not be able to eat me Christmas din-dins like this. Happen I can make some turkey soup! :lol::lol:

well that should be ok and you can smile :wink:

How are your Teeth now Mollie. Have you got used to them yet? I was just thinking about Teeth today & thought of yours :slight_smile:

I’ve only just seen this thread and I’d like an update too.
How are things Mollie ? any photographs ?