Facile, empty and cliched – Liz Truss’s first week has been a disaster

If he had done half of what he said he would do…he wouldn’t have got himself ousted though :joy: These politicians all talk a good game, but words are cheap…actions are what matters when dealing with peoples lives.

Everything that BJ did he did for himself or his cronies … his tenure was characterised by self-interest, corruption, incompetence and profligacy with the tax-payers money - Dim Truss is heading in the same direction … :roll_eyes:

Hi

Everybody and their mother is preparing for the Funeral.

Politics was always going to put on hold during this period, whoever was Prime Minister.

It is just far more difficult with such a new PM.

She is trailing round with the new King, she has a diplomatic nightmare to deal with to arrange all the meetings with the heads of states who are attending and she is in charge of is the biggest security operation the world has ever experienced.

4 Likes

I gave up long before that - I threw in the towel at trying to understand the voters when Americans voted for Trump, despite his dodgy business record, and the UK elected a majority of MPs from a Party which selected a known serial liar and blusterer as its leader. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I should add, though, that I think it is far too soon to be judging and criticising the performance of Liz Truss.
I didn’t want her as PM but let’s not crucify her just yet - give her a chance.
She has only been in the job for a week and 5 days of that have been taken over by the huge impact of The Queen’s death.

I also hope that we are not going to see another slew of name-calling of our new PM - it gets very tiresome. Affectionate nick-names are one thing but this constant stream of insulting name-calling does lower the level of political debate.
I noticed this habit of name-calling politicians increased a lot when Trump got into politics - his method of attack was creating childish insulting nick-names for his opponents instead of debating their different policies intelligently.
I really hoped that fad would die off now he’s no longer President so I’m dismayed to see it continuing in USA and also infecting UK political discussion too.

Can we just be grown up and call the new Prime Minister by her name - Truss or Liz or Liz Truss, instead of all this silly name-calling, such as “RoboTruss” and a few others I’ve seen bandied around?

1 Like

I agree with most of what you posted Boot and although I found Trump painful to listen to, I actually thought he was good for America with some sound ideas.

2 Likes

YOU can, I still prefer descriptors, such as “TrussBot” - IMO, her presentational style is robotic and should be acknowledged … :robot:

The PM’s first name is, of course, Mary.

US President Donald Trump has claimed “emerging” research suggests disinfectants and sunlight might be able to used as treatments and diminish the threat of the new coronavirus.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, Liz Truss does not use her first name of Mary.

As for continual name-calling, I’m afraid it weakens any argument put forward in my eyes if a person cannot debate with a semblance of good manners.

Name-calling is something I strongly disapprove of, even if I agree with the other political points being made.

2 Likes

I’m afraid it weakens any argument put forward in my eyes if a robot cannot present with a semblance of humanity.

This still makes me laugh after all this time! It’s as if he’s saying “Shine a torch down there, inject some disinfectant and get back to work why don’t ya!”

1 Like

I’m glad that she “reins herself in” … :047:

1 Like

The bloke [Trump] doesn’t claim to be a doctor and is taking advice from someone off screen in the same way Boris took, and acted on information from so called scientists who couldn’t care less about the economy that led the problems we see now…

Left are going mad about the removal of the head of civil servants IMO that tells me Liz is going to do a lot of what she said she would if we give her some time.

He had to be sacked because he did what the Majority of referendum voters wanted.

That, apparently, made him a nut case - like the rest of us.

From now on, all referendums will be won by the side with the least votes.

Then they’ll all be happy!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Reading all of the above I must agree, I hope she doesn’t have a pet dog because it would never be as good as the corgis :grinning:

1 Like

Hi

Well she has just responded to the EU, before the deadline, that she is not going to carry on implementing the NI Protocol.

The woman is without a personality but seems to be very right-wing.
But she appears to have a brain. My fingers are crossed.

1 Like

Hi

I do so hope that you are right.

Huge changes coming, if she is right , great, if she is wrong, watch out.