F1 - Saudi Arabia Grand Prix

It’s his award so its his choice to use his title or not. There are many like Lewis who do not use their title, but unlike John Lennon did not hand it back in a flurry of media coverage. I am sure Lewis is far too proud being British than to decline that offer from HMQ.

2 Likes

Well, the conspirators will be out, session red flagged max will get fresh hard tyres with no pit stop

1 Like

Free pit stop! Not even cheap pit stop!
Unbelievable!

What a fantastic race!!!

:027:

What just happened?, max has a visit to the stewards regarding brake testing lewis, unless they decide to penalise max further, it’s all going to be decided next week at the last race…I can’t wait…

1 Like

I feel that he did brake test him!
Not very good sportsmanship!

It’s going to be an epic final race of 2021!

:026:

1 Like

It says a lot for the cars that no on gets killed these days.
Well done Daniel.

2 Likes

Absolute cracker of a race!

2 Likes

I doubt it’s over! Let’s see if Max brake tested Hammy or if he was volleying for the DRS line which was just up ahead…

I feel it’s the latter because Max immediately sped away as he hit the DRS line. So, strategy was to give the position back and immediately snatch it away which he subsequently did anyway then gave it back again!

Driver of the day ??? Seriously!!!

@Minx , l found it hard to follow what was going on,due to
fragmented camera work ??
But l think it is a thumbs down for the new circuit in its present
format !!
How many starts does a race need ??
They have a million sq Kms of desertnto build on and they cram
the track into a couple of hectares ??
Donkeyman! :frowning::frowning::-1::-1:

3 Likes

Max didn’t have drs as he was in front of lewis

No, he didn’t but if he’d let Hammy through then he’d have been behind and could have gotten DRS as soon as he hit the DRS zone…

Hence give Lewis the place then would attempt to snatch it right back again…

2 Likes

For a new track to be so dangerous, proves to me it was designed more to thrill than to be an exhibition circuit for world class racing skills. Before next year’s race, there needs to be some major improvements before someone is killed. The F2 race provided two drivers carted off to hospital, it was that dangerous!

2 Likes

1 Like

Now, now non-Hammy fans, put the fangs away :018:

1 Like

Just as I thought at the time. MV applied the brakes knowing LH was close enough to collide and loose his front wing. I am SO pleased the stewards have drilled down and exposed the truth here :+1:

1 Like

What will happen to the penalty points? Just a financial penalty? They won’t affect the race standings?

1 Like

I would expect a time penalty to be deducted from the final race timings, making MV’s finishing time 10 seconds less that he actually achieves and probably handing the championship to LH.

1 Like

@LongDriver , But didn’t Hammy also brake test Max as well ??
Why doesn’t he get penalty points too !!
Luckily for Max he managed to avoid contact !!
It was mainly Max’s fault though as it seemed that he was on
a suicide mission for most of the race ?
The circuit is definitely at fault too and needs modifications ?
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

No impact. Both go into the next race level on points.