F1 - Belgian Grand Prix - Spa

All in all, a great day for racing! Not a boring Mercedes P1/2 yet again

:grin:

Yes, I’m a Mercedes fan BUT, I enjoy a good race !

@Minx What a farce it turned out to be ??
Most disappointing !
Nobodies fault, but couldn’t they reschedule it for later ??
Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

Yes, I think they should have rescheduled or even cancelled. Three laps in and no racing - just a procession. How can that be called a race??

@Donkeyman @Besoeker

That was just a complete joke!!!

Hamilton said it best!

Agree! Reschedule the race! Driving behind a safety car was a blooming joke!!!

Nice one - the water remover…!

1 Like

I just can’t over how illogical the entire fiasco was Visitor!

It looks suspiciously as if the most interesting race that F1 has had in years. Was 2 laps behind a safety car.

Personally, after years of enjoying F1, I drifted away from watching it a few years ago. There are simply so many other good series to watch that it was not a conscious decision to stop watching, just a natural occurrence.

1 Like

It did get a bit boring but then the new regulations aimed at levelling the playing field seemed to have worked.

Such a disappointment! It would have been an epic race to watch!

@Minx Only one thing Lewis got wrong in my opinion, was that the fans are the most important
part of F1 ?
The sponsors have become the most important part for the last two decades !!

Donkeyman! :worried::worried:

Whilst I agree the race was farcical, there was not much else they could do, the conditions were just too bad to race in, too dangerous, the medical helicopter couldn’t fly and the marshal posts couldn’t be seen( there’s supposed to visibility between them) , they couldn’t do it on a Monday as the marshals are all volunteers with some having to work on the monday, as it wasn’t a bank holiday there, disappointing, yes, but safety must come first

1 Like

I agree, safety must come first and foremost. The problem for me was that the race should have been abandoned with no result. The drivers were unable to make it any meaningful racing…

Yes, but on the plus side, George Russell was classified as second

Yes, he was. But my point still stands.

I would have to agree with you @Donkeyman

I totally agree Primus! Safety first but my word, POSTPONE the race! Driving behind the safety car was a complete joke! Those poor drenched fans. In my opinion, Russell didn’t really earn his placing ! It’s the laps that determine the best drivers and not JUST the fastest lap time.

The operative word there being ‘classified’ and not earned Visitor. @Besoeker @Primus1 Your thoughts?

Totally agree. Classified. For sure, George could have been been a worthy podium contender - as a Brit I would root for him. Next race, I hope, will not be such a fiasco.

1 Like

I hope so as well! I was really excited to watch that race!

Here’s the thread @Primus1

1 Like