F1 - Bahrain Grand Prix

OuCh! OuCh! Just got the sand out my eyes… we’ll see how much sandbagging was going on!!!

Finished Netflix Drive to Survive! I’m all set for the first Grand Prix!!!

Share your thoughts and predictions on this thread

Hard to say minx, I seem to remember we have this every year, so much potential and yet the same old same old are fighting it out, it might just be different though this time as everything has changed, Ferrari might do well or mclaren, but you can never write red bull and Mercedes off, so, we’ll see

1 Like

A very ‘interesting’ result.

Interesting indeed. Unfortunately, I won’t it live tomorrow - the tribe are coming for Sunday dinner - so will have to see the later viewing…:frowning:

And yes, the family joys are more important !

1 Like

Great result for Ferrari, unlucky for red bull, good start to the season with cars able to follow closely,

1 Like

Great result for Ferrari. Dismal for Verstappen.

1 Like

Mercedes need to get to grips with the under car air flow to stop that power sapping porpoising. With all their resources I’m surprised the problem is still there.
Mercedes plans F1 floor experiments in bid to cure porpoising (autosport.com)

1 Like

That Honda engine obviously has lost it’s reliability for the slightly increased power output and the battery push is in the same category too.

1 Like

@LongDriver , Maybe ? but l have not seen an explanation for the cars
both conking out yet ??
To me, it seemed to be a running out of fuel problem ?
For the majority of the race the red bulls and ferrari’s were on a par , but
Ferrari had a slight edge , probably due to Leclerks smoother driving style ??
Best racing l have seen in F1 for decades !
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

I watched closely and I think the battery recovery under braking was not right. That meant more engine power was needed (turned up on steering wheel) so that over taxed the engines.

1 Like

I must say, what an amazing outcome! I really enjoyed that race! It’s a shame for RB but excellent for Mercedes. And a huge congratulations to the ‘gentleman’ of F1 - Charles and Carlos!

Now, that’s more like it! Good racing and three contenders for the Constructors title… love it!

Looking forward to Saudi Arabian Grand Prix next weekend!

2 Likes

Me too M and hopefully the Merc team will get that underside air ramming problem sorted out PDQ to stop the slowing effect of porpoising :+1:

1 Like

It’s good that Mercedes are struggling a bit, l hope it keeps that way for
a while if it improves the quality of the racing !!
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::+1:

1 Like

A nice exciting race especially the battle between Leclerc and Verstappen, good to see Ferrari bubbling to the top again. Gasly had a very close shave and I was glad to see him escape the fire. Lewis seemed unusually quiet, but well done to him and the new boy George. I thought Botas was going to make a name for himself after such a good result in qualifying, but the car didn’t have the oooomph in the end.

2 Likes

He should have been up there with the Ferrari’s as they have the same engines.

2 Likes