Expats - why did you leave the uk?

Not far from my place.
Used to have a boat in Cabo Pino, right in front of Albert’s.

Spent many happy hours down there we used to have a place in Riviera

used to go to Harbour lights and Alberts

Where is your place?

Hi

I am at a total loss to understand why anyone would wish to live next to a Golf Course.

I can quite understand why anyone would wish to move because of the fishing.:mrgreen:

Towards Mijas Pueblo though I was trying to buy in Berranco Blanco on the Coin road…The valley the Nazi’s took refuge in.

Perhaps because they play alot of golf?

Also the can be fairly sure a huge housing estate won’t spring up and spoil their view?

That’s what I loved about having a boat there…though my wife and kids objected to using it for fishing:lol:

Well Swim I tend to agree with you I do not live actually on the course but our Urb is built on it as it was built by the people who owned the course

I do play golf and for my sins I am the Social secretary for our golf club El Paraiso in fact I am comparing a show that we are putting on today and tomorrow to raise money for a local Hospice

This is the same as mine(I’ll see if I can find some photos)
It was on the first berth(Kid’s Inheritance), right outside Albert’s, next to the big game boat.
I sold it in 2013.
It’s still there as far as I know under a new name…Lady something or other.

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/resize/1/84/23/918423_0_040820101520_1.jpg?f=/1/84/23/918423_0_040820101520_1.jpg&w=600&h=355&t=1280964019000

Our accountant is in Coin so we go there a couple of times a year

I’ve been to the valley its still a bit scary I think Hitler still lives there

It’s all very strange…there are two guy’s that own it…Freddy, who lives in one of the big beach villas at Cabo and another guy who lives in Nicaragua.

Freddy is Austrian.

They inherited it.

Austrian inherited from his uncle Adolf no doubt

Well…i didnt pinch any apples, or anything...But, as i was just drifting around somewhat aimlessly at the time..they thought that it would be a simply spiffing idea to "arrange'' for me to disappear to one of the former colonies for a specified period of time. The specified period of time came...and went. And, now it has gone full circle...so to speak. Never went back to re-settle among Englands green fields…But…i have been back for a few temporary stays. Emphasis being on the word ‘‘temporary’’…!!

I have ridden through there I agree it’s a bit spooky .

You want to try staying there…the nights bring strange noises with them:shock:.

This is Freddy’s(owner of Barranco Blanco) property, at the bottom of the valley.

2000 trees imported fromn South America.
3 swimming pools.
5 natural pools running off the river.

A pretty special place.

I know this is an old thread but it one that is very relevant to our current events (Aug 19). I left the UK in late 2014 and it was a mix of push and pull. We already had a small holiday house in a lovely village in SW France. That was the pull. It is (for me) simply delightful here. We could get pets (not sensible in a London flat when we both traveled with work). We could be back in a rural place and quiet and a bit of time. That’s the pull. That and the food and wine.
The push was England and London and work. The dreadful commuting. The pressure of work. Succeed or sacked. The cost. The harshness and lack of humanity.
Maybe I could have found the same in Scotland. Well, not the wine. But here we found so many new friends. We found thriving communities that welcomed us.
I go back to London for work. It is dreadful. Homelessness. The sheer numbers. The UK has lost its decency. It’s becoming a sad place. The wealth disparity is obscene. The misplaced anger is awful. The division is probably unsolvable.
I’m going to apply for citizenship here when I can. I’m not pushed anymore. Although the push is harder than ever. I’m pulled.

You should be very content then Gasconny?
Why do you worry so about us??

Regards Donkeyman!

Because my parents did.

Good grief Gascony, you’re outside the Brexit forum.

Can’t quote in this thread so

@Gascony “Maybe I could have found the same in Scotland. Well, not the wine.”

Buckfast is very popular in Scotland.