Exercises on TV for self-isolating

Nor me - I need my daily walk in the fresh air if I get nothing else.

However - referring to exercises to do indoors there are loads on YouTube - something suitable for beginners or experienced - young or old.

I’ve got a few that I do from time to time. This is quite a good one. There are loads more.:slight_smile:

I am still taking my dog out early every morning but I have mobility issues and have to use a mobility scooter to get out.

I thought I’d heard there would be exercises on TV for over 70’s that might not have access to the internet and thought I may be able to manage them if some could be done from sitting, just for something a bit different as I’m limited to what I can manage physically right now.

Also what happens if UK locks down like other countries? Just seen on papers Italians are been banned from jogging and walking in the parks. In spain one person (from a household) is allowed to take one dog for a quick walk for toileting then return home as quickly as possible.

Who knows how long we will be able to go for a nice walk for?

Thanks

At this rate we will end up being fitter than we were before…:smiley:

I get out with the dog and have started working in the garden when the weather lets me, I’m missing my daily swim like mad though. Dogs happy as he’s now going out at stupid o clock and for a longer walk.

Yes me and my wife use a online exercise program that is free which is brill. We normally do the classes but they have shut down for now

Exercising and TV should not fit in the same sentence…:018:

Mr Motivator is on ‘Health Check UK’
BBC Daily Weekdays.

:slight_smile:

With the exception of Jack Lalane in the 1950s.

What a bloke UniGeezer…:038:
One of the true pioneers of physical fitness and probably the father of Gyms all across the world from people who were inspired by his enthusiasm and tenacity…If he could see the world now!

There’s all the Joe Wickes exercises, although they are not particularly aimed at older people. He does do some kids ones though, which might be interesting for those who have their grandchildren around.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ

This might also be of interest on the NHS website about exercise.

Then there are many videos of gentle Yoga and Tai Chi to watch too.

Lastly, have a look on the AgeUk website for advice:

https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/health-wellbeing/exercise/

Plenty of advice on these sites to be going on with. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the links Mupsy…and Good Morning…:039:
Just a normal ‘Day in the life’ for me Mups…It hasn’t taken the coronavirus to make me exercise…Eight mile run this morning, thirty two pressups and Five hard minutes of ‘Eyeballs out’ on the exercise bike…:cool:

Good grief Foxy.
You ought to be our daily coach for gentle exercise on here then. You could make a video for us, like Joe Wicks. :smiley:

If I knew how to make video’s and post them Mups I would…:cool:

realspeed…fancy a job…?

You all know I am a lover of all things athletically done outdoors, but I can see that this time, more than any calls for creativity - even in exercise :023:.

While I am unfamiliar with programing over there, I am a fan of exercise and yoga videos that can be found on Youtube. The advantage of those is that they can be played and paused at one’s convenience.

My mother is doing simple stretching and strength exercises that I found for her as she is a bit too wobbly to be out walking much without assistance.

I’m still out there as much as possible, not just for the joy of it but to escape that big handsome fellow :cool: who is constant with his seductive ways…

…the fridge :confused:.

Here you are folks - exercise and diet too . . all sorted. :wink:

You too can have a body like mine!
Or your money back in seven days.

:slight_smile:

I’ve already got one Azure, manboobs, long hair and a passion for ladies clothes…:blush:

I see gyms are closing again. :frowning: Just as I was seeing real improvements, too. Going for a walk is only going to be of limited use as it isn’t going to replace a proper leg workout. It will get me some fresh air but that’s about it.

I can’t do home workouts because I live in an upstairs flat and it would make too much noise for my downstairs neighbour. I hope the Lockdown only lasts for the four weeks they’re mentioning.

My neighbour did TV exercises on the last lockdown. Although it’s not as good as going to the gym as she normally would have done, I think it’s still a lot better than doing nothing.

I’ll be keeping up walking and cycling for exercise. More likely walking because it’s easier to distance from people over on the rough ground where I like to go.