Exercise anyone?

Tonight is my Scottish Country Dancing night. Brilliant aerobic exercise with lots of fun. 2 hours of non stop exercise and aching bones tomorrow!

Oh that sounds like great fun stablelady, wish they did that down here, very unlikely on the south coast! A two hour workout (that’s the whole week’s worth done and over with then?). A mate of mine goes to line dancing and has asked me along, I am still thinking about it cos I have no sense of left and right!

Think I’ll sit that out darlin’ - far too strenuous for my liking.

Mary there is Scottish dancing everywhere, I am sure one of these clubs in your area will help you. See this link Scottish dancing

Thank you Arthur, I see there’s one in Poole, will need to persuade a mate to come along though, too shy to go on my own. I certainly hope it’s not two hours, couldn’t keep that up!

i went on my own, what a friendly bunch! Everyone is very keen to see new members. See if they have a contact phone number and give them a ring!

Bought myself proper dancing shoes last week, was getting sore legs, what a difference! they have made. It is our annual dance on the 10th., in the town hall and everything … should be good . Other groups come from all over to join in the fun.

I also walk my Jack Russells every day so am gradually getting fitter - much needed since I stopped working in the stables!

Thanks stablelady, yes there is a phone number. I have to see a friend first and ask if she’d like to go with me. If yes, then I’ll go along. I could never go on my own, I had the heebie jeebies starting yoga on my own a while back! Good for you though, I am so glad you enjoy it.

First, to all who haven’t been too well I wish you all a speedy recovery to full health.

As for me, well normally I am a very active person, one of those who can’t sit still for more than five minutes, but at the present time my exercise more or less consists of what I call “my elephant trunk waving”. This is taking my arm out of the sling (that alone is quite an ordeal) waving my arm about a little and then the hurdle of getting it back in the sling, which is a BIG relief. I can’t wait until it’s all healed and I can use it normally again.

Ouch! How long will you have to keep that horrid sling on Loretta? I do love your description :slight_smile:

At least until the 22nd of this month maryl, that’s when I see the surgeon again. Some days are better than others, I suppose that’s how it goes but it is early days, it is just 3 weeks today since I had the operation and thankfully the bruising is beginning to fade now. Honestly my arm and from my collar bone all down the left upper side was black, looks like I’ve been run over by a train. It is one trip I don’t ever want to take again, that’s for sure.

Ouch again! Very painful, poor you. It’s not in plaster then? I remember my daughter sliding her plaster on and off when it suited her because her arm shrunk a little :slight_smile: The youngsters seem to heal so much more quickly don’t they?

Wouldn’t you just know it - call it sod’s law. Having been confined for the past six weeks while my ‘new’ metal hip settles, I will be allowed out this weekend. However, according to the weather forecast we’re due to get snow here tomorrow evening and all over the weekend. There is absolutely no way I can go out on an icy pavement because if I happen to slip there is a high degree of risk of dislocation of my new hip and that would mean yet more surgery to put it back again. Good 'ere innit???

Its sooo cold out as well at the moment UJ so I really wouldn’t rush to go out until the weather warms up a bit. Bitter in London today and probably even colder outside the city brrrrr !

I like to do simple yoga excercises with controlled breathing and stretching, it works for me.

Fliss darlin’ (hope you don’t mind me calling you that) - oooohhhhh no, that’s far too strenuous!!! I can sit in my recliner chair and wiggle my toes and ankles - that’s enough exercise for me.

My exercising days are over for a couple of days due to a strained tendon behind the knee, still I should be able to do upper body exercises.:smiley:

Try this folks See Here

You will find this being done in most old people homes just to help the blood circulation Wrinkly.

I was trying to help you AB, I am sorry I didn’t know you were in an old folks home.;-):smiley:

Definately exercise now. Spent many years sat at a desk at work and the same at home in front of the computer and i am a smoker so had an impulse to start running/jogging out in the fresh air in the park where the surface would be kinder to my jarring bones and over the next couple of years pulled and strained every type of leg muscle/tendon/ligament going and thought why did i bother. I was never so injured before. You can’t expect to put a car in a garage for 10 years and expect it to run smoothly first time when the pistons have siezed and the oils have thickend/congealed or evaporated and parts have rusted. Over time the strains/limps/aches/breathlessness goes then you can find a bit of joy which you can the supplement with other exercises. I still smoke!