That’s the nail hit squarely on its head. As with most things in life after leaving the education system, its who you know and how well you know them that matters.
aren’t they all
Sounds like feelings are mutual then…? ![]()
Not at all Anise, they paid my wages all of my working life, and now I’m retired they still do.
I would probably get on with most of them given the chance. I rarely meet anyone that I don’t like. There are some I would avoid though, but sometimes when you get to know someone you might find that you have more in common than you at first thought.
Not at all. Eton give away a substantial amount of places with bursaries to lower income families annually.
As do several other such educational establishments.
But do they actually feel welcome and fit in or are they just tolerated as charity cases because mummy and daddy are not really worth cultivating.
Maybe their body organs might be worth cultivating.
Don’t joke!
I don’t think Dex meant their brains. ![]()
From experience, no, there was/is nothing along those lines. Any pupil with bursary assistance is treated exactly the same as the next pupil by staff and other pupils. Those who obtain bursaries fall in line along with the rest of that year’s intake
Boys at their local primary school are eligible to apply for a Year 7 Award. Typically, Year 7 Awards are made to individuals who would need 100% (or close to 100% fee support) in order to come to xxxxxxxxx from Years 9 to 13. It also covers the school fees to attend a prep school for Years 7 and 8. All our bursaries are means tested.
I went to a good and, at the time, new & large comp which had very good facilities - large playing fields, two gyms, large assembly hall with stage, dedicated music rooms, swimming pool, tennis/netball courts, audio rooms for language classes, etc. I note that it did not have certain facilities that Eton has:
rowing lake; all weather pitches; theatre; recording studio; climbing wall; golf simulator; athletics stadium; centre for innovation; dance studio; chapel …
And more. But it is not the facilities that really benefit the people who have been - it is the certainty that they are entitled to greatness. ET indeed.
Perhaps I’m being harsh but that’s my view too. They don;'t really even need to try do they. Certainly they don’t have the pressure to prove themselves to suceed in life.
Exciting?..
…The RF are the dullest People on this Earth…bugger-all exciting about Them.
Guess you’ve never seen Andrew in his leather Roman gladiator kit.
Much more excitement to come it would seem

I can barely contain the excitement
Hmmm … maybe but with burnt boats & bridges behind Hewitt Jnr, the future could be studded with fireworks ![]()
Yeah they are pretty dull, and i’m so pleased i wasn’t born a royal. At least i have the freedom to go wherever i want, do whatever i want, say whatever i want (within reason of course) and not have my movements restricted as much as they do.
So i reckon i’m lucky in so many ways!
The royals don’t touch my life at all, but they are part of the heritage of this country.
Or whinging…