Eurovision 2022

Blimey did we really come second? Well done UK!

My daughter told me the chap representing us has 1.5 million followers on Tik Toc…

I’m glad Ulraine won…they need a bit of good news :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw very few of the songs, as I was watching" Far from the madding crowd"" but I thought the start of the programme was lovely when many people sang “Give peace a chance”.
I thought that, when Ukraine were declared the winner, everybody was pleased & I hope that the political side of the voting shows Putin that nobody accepts, or believes, his false account of why he invaded Ukraine.
I wonder whether any Russians were allowed to watch! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Haven’t watched for years the last time was when the bearded lady sang . She/he was quite stunning actually .

Glad Ukraine won they needed a boost of support

1 Like

I was so happy for Ukraine. Their entry was awful, although the sentiment behind the words (thanks @Feey) was so lovely. They deserve some joy with all that their poor country is going through.

Couldn’t help musing on the thought of Russia defeating Ukraine and bringing the entire country under their rule - would that mean next year’s Eurovision would be held in Russia? Rather ironic that.

1 Like

I predicted that Ukraine would win and the UK would do well, our song was actually good and Sam Ryder gave a great performance, I think people wanted to show support for the Ukrainian people and I wonder if we did well because we are supporting them militarily?

1 Like

Eurovision? I couldn’t give a flying copulant for such a politically contrived so called contest.

4 Likes

Look on the bright side, it is one of the few tv programmes that wont be continually repeated at different times or on different channels! :wink:

I very much doubt it.

1 Like

I bet Putin is humming the song as we speak!

When we were kids mum and dad would put out dishes of crisps, sliced up Mars bars, popcorn and bottles of fizzy pop and we’d watch it all through. They were good at providing a bit of family entertainment on the cheap so it holds fond memories for me

Nowadays we just tune in and out, too awful a lot of the time

I think it’s still political because the Ukraine song wasn’t great and I didn’t like our high pitched squeaky guy much either, but still cheering him on of course

I think we got a bit of goodwill from our support in Ukraine too, and maybe that led to us getting forgiven for Brexit a bit temporarily at least

Didn’t bother the French and Ukraine judges give us top marks?

I didn’t watch The Eurovision Contest. I just switched it on at the end to see how the voting was going.
Because l missed seeing the U.K. entry, l have just watched it on YouTube.

So please can anyone tell me where his guitar came from? He didn’t have it with him when he came on stage but it suddenly appeared from his back towards the end.
Did anyone else notice this?

Same here. We’ve always done this.

Percy, l don’t suppose you’d like to go on YouTube to watch the U.K. entry and tell me… how did that guitar just appear? :laughing:

Nah, not really. Got better things to do - like catch up on unread posts on this and other forums.

Meany!
Ok, l’ll find a man who can! :laughing:

I’m delighted Ukraine won.
They could’ve sung the telephone directory for all I care and I would still have voted for them!
:rofl::innocent::kissing_heart::partying_face::clap::+1::santa:

2 Likes

Wow! We were second & France actually gave us 12 points, wonders will never cease.
I actually liked our song, but thought Sweden should have got higher. Don’t like rap, but Ukraine were always going to win on the public voting.

1 Like

Ditto.

2 Likes

No comments on who came last and last-but-one? Of course, it was our great friends in the EU, Germany and France. :point_left: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

As others have said, its a shame it is about politics rather than the songs.

That’s it done for this year. :smiley: