England v Croatia

They certainly gave us a world cup to remember Longdogs…:smiley:

Very frustrating match to watch yesterday. First half, they were blinding, lots of forward movement, break after break, brilliant.

2nd half was like a completely different team walked out. All the attacking ceased, players were panicking all the time. Whenever they got hold of the ball in mid-field or further up they just didn’t know what to do with it and no-one was running into spaces to help the man with the ball out. Just hopeless. The number of times they gave the ball away was astonishing. England’s downfall has historically been, and seems always set to be the crazy decision to try and defend their lead when 1-0 up. It always ends in disaster.

They need to forget defending and just go for goals and let the opposition score the odd goal but in so doing keep pushing forward and breaking and score even more goals.

First half looked like England could have won and given France a decent game. 2nd half just looked like the England of 10 years ago, wildly panicking and trying desperately just to defend. Never works, never will. Sad to watch.

I wished Southgate had taken Jonjo Shelvey, he had a blinder last year in midfield, however Southgate fell out with him years ago.

Twink, there is a certain Mr Southgate heading your way, complete with the largest axe you ever saw!! Still no worries. I guess you would have had a peek at the final, had England got through, so Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien :lol::lol::lol:

Did anyone see the Southgate lookalike? He was at the last match too. Hilarious. :-p

Thank you John!:mrgreen:

Did anyone see the Roy Keane and Ian Wright spat after the match?
Children! Coo that’s a long link!!!

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/worldcup/england-vs-croatia-roy-keane-in-vicious-onair-spat-with-ian-wright-after-he-mocks-his-irish-accent-a3885296.html%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwiTiILTk5rcAhWL_qQKHdhfCAcQqUMwA3oECAgQEA&usg=AOvVaw1h8Nt7njl3FZohlKG7OaPT&ampcf=1

That Roy Keane, must be one of the most humourless people in sport. God knows why they continue to invite him as a pundit. As a match concerning England, what was the point, of having an Irishman giving his so called opinion? What a miserable bugger he is!:twisted::twisted:

Very sad at England loss, the boys played well.

See my thread on England’s new talent.

Oh dear! An Eastenders fan. How embarrassing!

It’s the final game on Sunday anyway, so Chav TV will be back polluting your minds soon enough anyway.

Let me guess. It will be on BBC1 and ITV at the same time.

Didn’t they do that just the other day?

That statement is in your humble opinion isn’t it Gravitas?..

No. No they didn’t. Although it did look that way for a while.

For those who think there was little interest because they know a couple of miserable old blokes who don’t like it:

36 million tuned in. And no doubt the radio channels broke all records again.

No, I think they all agree it will be back next week.

So how were the two broadcasts different?

A genuine question because, although I saw the same game listed on each channel, I didn’t watch it of course.

[quote=“OldGreyFox, post: 1459945”]
I think it was ‘Stamina’ that we ran out of and Croatia seemed to get better as the game went on. A bit like ‘Duracell’ batteries. There is no doubting England’s ability and skill, for the first half they played exciting football and should have been at least three goals up…:041:

But whether it was because they started playing the defensive game, or began to get overwhelmed by Croatia’s stamina (something that gets better with age) they weren’t producing as many chances as in the first half, and by the end of the second half Croatia were looking very dangerous when in possession and steaming down to the English goal…:shock:

In summary though; They were the best team we’ve sent to the world cup for years and did an outstanding job. They should be proud, as should all the England fans. As Twink says, give them a little more time to build confidence and experience and there is no team in the world they could not beat…:cool: My outstanding players were:- Pickford (he’s from Yorkshire) for his death defying defence of the English goal, and Sterling for his amazing runs down the wing, absolutely nobody could out run him, and Maguire, for his prowess in the air…[/QUOTE

We were beaten by the better side who dominated the midfield…The place football matches are most often won or lost.

In Modric , Croatia have a true World Class play maker.

Our next challenge is to develop a couple of World class midfielders ourselves. Alli and Linguard are miles away from that accolade.

That said, it was a game that we could have won had Harry Kane been a little bit sharper.

I thoroughly enjoyed the World Cup.
It has been brilliant.
England have been brilliant.
Southgate has been brilliant.

No regrets, plenty to be positive about and already excited about the Euro Championship in 2 years.

Best take it up with the BBC.

But they didn’t show it live at the same time.

But it was shown by both BBC and ITV. Did ITV have first pick and BBC tried to steal it from them?

Also, it was listed at exactly the same time on each channel.

Have I missed something?