Emma Raducanu 18 year old in usa open final

Emma Raducanu wins the US Open 2 - 0 :clap:

1 Like

and what a win it was. Such a talented couple of players and so young! A late finish last night but compulsive viewing for me. Well done Emma Raducanu.

1 Like

@EZ_Rider

me too EZ, what a match it was mesmerising play
 :icon_cool:

Not normally a great tennis fan I enjoyed every moment.

Yay! Good on her and such a good match to watch

:023: :023:

It was the latest I’ve stayed up for a long time, but boy was it worth it! Fantastic play by both of them, but Emma just had that all important edge.

A star is born !!
Donkeyman! :+1::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::+1:

I’ve watched as many of her matches as I could throughout this tournament thinking to myself She is so young, surely she will crack at some point. Boy was I wrong! I think I might have to roll my sleeves up to stand any chance of beating her. :wink:

One hopes she’s got some one who will keep her feet firmly planted and can handle media pressure the like she has not seen before.

The problem is so many of these “superstar” athletes become almost public property and are paid lots of money to appear on chat shows and suchlike which often means the training regime that got them where they are goes out of the window. I sincerely hope that doesn’t happen to this highly talent young lady.

1 Like

Already, the anti-government brigade are spouting about the fact that Emma is an immigrant and if she applied to get into the country now, she would be turned down.

What is it with these people? Despite the fact that she and her family are here legally, having gone through the correct procedure, instead of sneaking in on a rubber boat, they choose to point out her ethnicity.
She’s been here since the age of two, and her parents have contributed to society rather than sponge off the state like some do.

She’s 100% British and has given something for the UK to be proud about. A great achievement on her part.

1 Like

What a fabulous match.It was on way past my bed time but well worth staying up for.Well done Emma.

Crumbs, what a load of lightweights some of you are having to stay up until gone 11pm :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: to watch a very thrilling tennis match.

We switched over from BBC1 to watch the 2nd set and, I would never have thought I would say this, to watch this amazing ladies’ Grand Slam final. Normally, for me, ladies’ matches are far too slow to be exciting but this one, well, WOW just doesn’t do it justice IMHO.

Congratulations to both girls for playing their socks off and to Emma for winning it.

@Percy_Vere , Yeah, brilliant was’nt it Percy ??
What stood out for me was, that when she damaged her her leg, she completely
Ignored her injury, unlike some other ladies in the past who completely broke
down after suffering any sort of injury !!
I think that bodes well for the future ??
Donkeyman! :+1::+1:

@Judd
I agree, but, the icing on the cake would have been if the surname was Smith or Taylor. :grinning: :biking_man:

Its a bit Greg-esque. :grinning: :biking_man: :walking_man:

I loved every minute of it too
I was so impressed at how she dealt with the press after the match and did anyone see her give the interview for Chinese TV speaking in Mandarin
she is really going to be a global superstar
I hope that doesn’t spoil her.

Well done Emma!

Yes, that girl will go far. And not just in tennis. I just hope she doesn’t get in with the wrong crowd.

1 Like

Emma being serenaded by the crowd and loving every minute of it.

Taken from a Twitter account. You’ll need to turn the volume up.

https://t.co/6Jy2JN80OS

2 Likes

She’s got everything going for her at such a young age. Drive, ambition, energy, maturity, looks, personality, 
 you name it she’s got it all in abundance. She has the world at her feet. You just have to love her.

Yet something keeps nagging me every time I see the lovely lass - ie that something isn’t going to end well.
I really hope the nag that’s nagging me is wrong.

(I can’t resist comparing how she’s been brought up and what’s she’s achieved at her age, to the likes of the Beckham’s kids - all of whom have achieved nothing and probably never will.)

1 Like