Electric cars by 2030

They will adapt quicker than our generation though Foxy, and the youngest will grow up not knowing any different.

I don’t how it will pan out. Currently the cost for domestic energy would favour the EV. But then vehicle fuel tax is a huge chunk for petrol and Diesel. I think significantly more than the EV. Is it fair? Dunno…

That’s true to a point Mups, but it will take a long time for all the twenty year old plus drivers who have driven petrol and diesels to eventually disappear.

I think I read somewhere that you can get a Government grant for £350 which is about half the cost. :shock: I’m not sure if that includes the cost of redecorating when your house is pulled to bits running the cables from the back of the house whether under the floorboards or hanging from the ceiling and painted white to blend in. :-p

Then there’s the 300yrd extension cable if like me, your car is in a car park. :shock:

Of course, it won’t really matter to us lot when the Ricin hidden in the covid vaccine wipes us out to make way for the wokey cokeys. :cry:

You’re a cheerful chappie today, Dongle. :lol:

That’s true. It’s like how they used to use steam vehicles (although I’m sure you remember those). :mrgreen:

Cheeky blighter. :smiley:

I do remember trolley buses though. :slight_smile:

I is here. :slight_smile:

There are courses for electricians to go on how to install EV charging points in homes - these homes typically have private drives and garages to install the equipment. If you have to park on the road, you’re knackered. (Sparky’s technical term).

Thanks Judsy. :023:

I really do feel that we are being ‘wiped out’ Mups but i suppose that’s another thread. :cry:

When EVs become commonplace, I am absolutely sure that there will be an additional tax applied on the supply of electricity.
When it comes to money, the government are highly adaptable and will simply replace their income from existing fuel types to the forthcoming/projected fuel type!

Yes, particularly with larger homes with greater capacity. Some with 3-phase I’ve known of. But not a lot.

Emigrate to Cornwall and get a job in the Lithium Mine.

As an aside to this thread I have just seen this on a news channel, something different I guess – registration plates showing the vehicle to which they are attached is an electric one:

The rush to make us all use electric cars and cut our carbon footprint by 2030…Why don’t we just say NO!.
If it happens It will seriously affect the unemployed and working classes, whereas the posh gets in government will not be affected at all…And there are more of us than them…

They buggered up the country by taking us into the EU, and then into an illegal war, now they are doing the same with all this green nonsense. They have made some very poor decisions over the years, it’s time the people took back control of OUR country.

I think it’s just a vanity thing by Boris anyway, he’s probably working towards a Nobel peace prize or something before he gets chucked out of government at the next election.

Yes, I read that. It allows free parking among other benefits.

I’m going to get myself a roll of self-adhesive green tape!

We ALL used to get free parking, remember those days? Until parking meters came in sharply followed by off-street car parks and then multi-storey car parks. That meant another captive lot of people paying for what used to be free any and everywhere!

The green tape idea is great but how on earth do you make an ‘ordinary’ car look as ugly and unappealing as some of those electric cars? :confused: :wink: :slight_smile:

Yes, I remember that, but by the time I started driving the rot had set in.

I think I’d have to obtain, or make, some convincing badges to look like the real electric cars have. Maybe even try to hide the exhaust pipe!

Looks like the general public have been shafted again…