Dorset villagers worried over plans for 1,700 new homes

@JBR Sounds like its time to activate operation exodus to me JB !!
We need a mass migration of us indigenous folk to Rwanda and suchlike
places !
If you cant beat em, join em!!
Donkeymam! :-1::frowning::frowning::-1:

@brokenvows, This is just the start of the effects of global overpopulation
BV, the millions of deprived and displaced humans trying to get to a better
place to live !
The Uk represents to them just such a place, with our free handouts and
other assistance and our philanthropy has become legendary all
around the planet !!
I think we are too far gone now to change direction unfortunately ??
Donkeyman! :-1::frowning::-1:

1 Like

Yes, not only our own country (though our politicians might be doing their best to take in more than anyone else), but much if not most of the West. I believe that most of the richer EU countries are also of great attraction to emigrants from Africa and the Middle East.

It occurs to me to ask whether there are any countries where their populations are NOT growing out of hand. USA? Well, they (unlike us!) are very particular about who they will admit. The Antipodes? I suspect that they won’t let just anyone in, certainly not the ‘takers’.

Africa and the Middle East continue to grow in numbers of their populations, not through people trying to get in for a better life, but rather their own people banging away like it’s going out of fashion.

China, on the other hand, is a nation which recognises the dangers of overpopulation and consequently makes it attractive not to have more than the specified ‘2.5 children per couple’!
Perhaps the answer lies there.

2 Likes

Can you imagine the riots that would ensue if our govt decided to try that? :scream:

1 Like

your govt doesn’t’ need to try anything the common jo blog in the street is keeping the popn growth below sustainable growth and survival - old people villages ; homes ; farms and whatever will be the new norm. Unless all the “newcomers” are more welcomed and grow bigger families for sustainability of the motherland?/fatherland/grandparent land?

Presumably, two halves make a whole.

1 Like

Anyone living in a house built less than five decades ago has a lot to answer for. :icon_wink:

Some bits of our gaff were built around six hundred years ago!

I didnt know that Judd… I was recently chatting to a lady who lives there she was telling me the site where they are to be housed now has its own Medical Centre Cinema and Sports complex better facilities than the villagers. Also the young men are having training on how to treat women in the village… for instance if a group of men are walking along a pavement and a woman approaches they should step aside and let her pass unimpeded …not as would happen in their countries where the woman would step aside for the men .

Should be interesting how it pans out… the lady I spoke to was resigned to the fact they would have to cope.

Charming! Our wonderful government are welcoming our illegals by providing them with better facilities than what are available to our own people.
And they want us to vote for them yet again in 2024? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

govt doesn’t need to do it the general popn is doing it even better than that itself its called " the extinction of the original brits"

When did this happen @Judd ?

The last update I saw from the local Council, who are legally challenging the plan, was only a few days ago - in that update, it seemed that the Govt were assuring the Council that no final decision would be made until at least 15th July and the Govt would give the Council at least 7 days notice if a final decision was made to move refugees into the camp.

https://www.hambleton.gov.uk/news/article/286/update-on-linton-on-ouse

Have you any more info of what’s happened since then?

Have to admit I have heard nothing of them actually arriving there…maybe its planned but not happened yet awaiting the home office decision

I think a better idea would be for the government to put them in a place like Moss Side in Manchester.
They would probably never be heard of again and, of course, as we no longer have any police it would all be glossed over.
A much better option than Rwanda, and the ECHR could do nothing about it!

I am informed that there are approx 6000 -10,000 villages in UK - some empty and deserted - many places to house imigrants without disturbing the natural order of things in already inhabited villages with british inhabitants enjoying a peaceful life - unless of course the entire british govt and its peoples wish to embrace full multiculturalism in all enclaves of the nation?

1 Like

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/trends-and-inequalities-in-cities-towns-and-villages/

6,116 Villages and small communities: settlements with a population of less than 7,500 (e.g. Chapel-en-le-Frith, Cottenham, Menai Bridge)

The number of deserted villages is not mentioned but a search reveals:

This list of lost settlements in the United Kingdom includes deserted medieval villages (DMVs), shrunken villages, abandoned villages and other settlements known to have been lost, depopulated or significantly reduced in size over the centuries. There are estimated to be as many as 3,000 DMVs in England. Grid references are given, where known.

I would guess that most of those are uninhabitable.

Surely the elephant is that no-one has asked if the British and especially the English people even WANT immigrants?

3 Likes

We don’t matter though. We just live here. It isn’t important what we think…

4 Likes

It isn’t just a matter of letting them inhabit uninhabited villages.
There may be many unused houses, but where will they get the GPs, hospitals, etc.

Even more importantly, if these new inhabitants are here illegally, why should we pay for them to live here without them contributing.
Yes, rules could be ignored and the illegals allowed to work. We do, apparently, have a shortage of workers in some jobs, farming and gathering crops for example.
But if we import illegals to come here and fill those jobs, what will happen to our own unemployed? Can we afford to keep paying handouts to everyone of our own people who don’t want to work? I think that’s already happening.

As the population continues to increase, we are already experiencing a lack of certain people especially doctors and other healthcare professions.
I think the matter of population increase really needs thinking about.

1 Like

It was an article posted on Twitter. I’ll see if I can’t dig it out for you.

1 Like