Doc Martin or Murdoch Mysteries

Acorn TV has this choice on their twitter.

What’s your favorite? And why?
(people can see your choice on the poll)

Doc Martin or Murdoch Mysteries
  • Doc Martin for the laughs
  • Murdoch Mysteries for the puzzles

0 voters

2 Likes

I’m enamored with Murdoch Mysteries at the moment, so no contest for me. I’ve only seen a few episodes of Doc Martin. I wasn’t hooked. I might go back to try again but Murdoch Mysteries has at least 14 seasons, so it could be a while.

2 Likes

Doc Martin always, I hope they make another series of it.
I love his attitude and rudeness and makes me laugh, especially when he always hits his head on the beam.
I think the best episode was when Louisa gave him wine and he fell asleep on the floor cuddling the dog.

2 Likes

Season 10 will be shown this year Susie according to this. It will be the last one.

1 Like

I had to Google the Murdoch Mysteries because it’s not a show I’ve come across.
Doc Martin though we used to watch at one time and I enjoyed it.
Season 10 is coming soon you say?
Wow.
I doubt that I will be watching it though because IMHO it’s getting a bit long in the teeth.

1 Like

I liked doc Martin…glad there’s another season coming up. when I see him running to an emergency I always think…wow you can’t even get a gp appointment now

2 Likes

Ive never watched Murdoch ,am I missing something good?

I love watching Dr Martin , mainly for PC JOE PENALE he makes me laugh and also I feel sorry for him not getting a girlfriend

2 Likes

DrM for the laughs :smiley: Love to laugh :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I forgot about Joe, he’s hilarious…he’ll make someone a good husband someday :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Murdoch for me, watched it from the beginning and I’m totally hooked. Never could get into Doc Martin somehow.

1 Like

Glad you posted. I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one watching Murdoch. It’s such a wholesome show. I like the actor too.

I’ve not heard of Murdoch Mysteries butterscotch, so I didn’t vote for that…

Doc Martin. Hilarious! :lol:

1 Like

Based on this thread, it doesn’t seem all that well known. I think it’s a Canadian production, so maybe that explains it. It might not be as popular in the UK.

I first started watching it on Alibi, but I no longer have that channel. It started up on Drama CH20 though a while ago. I also download most of the episodes to a file. I like the actor when he plays Martin in the Aurora Teagarden mysteries as well, but I still see him as Murdoch. :sweat_smile: I think most of the police team in the series are good, especially George Crabtree, he has me in fits.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I had just looked up Aurora Teagarden because it was suggested to me on an app. Unfortunately for me, it’s not streaming anywhere I have access, but it will probably come back somewhere.

Love Crabtree also. I watched the actor Jonny Harris in a comedy he produced called Still Standing. It’s a Canadian TV series where he goes to remote towns in Canada that have been abandoned but are still standing. He gets to know the people in the town for a few weeks then does a stand up comedy about the town at the end. Funny and endearing.

Not heard of “Still Standing” what channel will I find that on?
Aurora Teagarden is not a Series they are films. Usually on Channel 5 in the afternoon. Or 5 Select, you would need to check a programme guide.

1 Like

Doc Martin - always good for a giggle or 3.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it’s not on in the UK. Sorry. I just looked at the UK justwatch.com.

I’m in the US and watched it from my library app.

Murdoch Mysteries are okay - especially with the lovely Helene Joy taking the part of his missus. :slight_smile:

Some of the story lines are a bit bizarre, often including famous historical figures such as that of Nikola Tesla being accused of murder. Not a bad way to pass the time.

Another Canadian offering from the same stable as Murdoch is the Frankie Drake Mysteries - she leads a team of female private detectives and is set in post WW1 Canada. Same non-taxing viewing.

1 Like

Yes Judd I have seen a few episodes of that, no bad at all.