Do you think animal partners fight?

I was out in the Aussie bush a while back, just sitting quietly when I espied a Possum returning to its nest,(hollow in the tree) high in the tree. This was about 10 am. Possums are nocturnal so to see one at that hour was unusual. As soon as the Possum entered the nest an almighty ruckus broke out.
The wifey did not seem amused. I was imagining her screaming at her spouse,
“You dirty stop out, what have I told you about staying out or night? If you can’t come home at a descent hour, don’t come home at all”
Fighting and screaming went on for more than 10 minutes. Poor Possum.

1 Like

It is doubtful Pussums :icon_wink:fight over psychoanalytical issues :grin:

2 Likes

Maybe it was not his wife or his nest. Domestic affairs can be tricky when you’re anthropomorphizing.

2 Likes

I can tell you about Budge and Fudge two Budgies the Female would draw blood when she gave her partner a good pecking , what you call hen pecked he was .But it was true love cause when the male died the female became very withdrawn ,sad and barely chirped,she died soon after him ,she was buried next to him,hopefully both resting in peace.

2 Likes

Maybe he got back in the nest and wanted to do some horizontal jogging.

1 Like

Yes I do.

1 Like

My cats Sox and George used to fight occasionally…but they both chose to cuddle up in one basket together at bedtime .when Sox died George kept looking for her…very sad

Animals that are close friends also grieve when one dies. Sad for George to be alone.

2 Likes

If you want to see proper pecking order and admonishments, then look no further than Meercats.

1 Like

My two cats were mother and son and they definitely had “falling outs” and would sit with their backs to each other for a while before they made up!

1 Like

Awww, that is rather sweet. Never went to bed angry with each other.

I have not seen much about Meerkat hierachy. Maybe I will educate myself on this topic of Animal animosity :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Aunty Beeb ran a series about a Meercat family and it might still be available out there on the web. . . here’s a link if you can receive it down under :point_down:
Meerkat Manor: Rise of the Dynasty (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

Thank you for this. I signed up, how do I start watching?

Pay to view only available.
Episode 1 on youtube.

Almost everything is pay-to-view except of course Uk’s Freeview or you put up with copious advertising :-1:

So true. I have never paid to view, never will.

1 Like

Short answer… Yes. :joy:
My Maggiemay was the boss of all our Old English Sheepdogs, not just her mate, she was a real drama queen as well. It was her way or prepare for trouble. :joy: She’s the big one on the left.

1 Like

Maggiemay was making sure all the rest were not giving the breed, and herself a bad name.
Decorum, etiquette, and respect was required. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like