Do you own your own box of crayons?

Last famous words … I know what you mean. :laughing:

1 Like

Can’t wait to see what you make with them!

Your Posca pen story reminds me that I have some gelly roll pens that haven’t dried out after 20 years. Almost afraid to use them. lol

1 Like

A lot of the ones the Council moved from the school and they are now set into a bed at the back of St John’s Square in the middle of the town.

2 Likes

Oh someone gave me glittery gelly roll pens :roll_eyes: The glitter blocks the ink coming through, so rendered useless! Would love some ordinary ones though.

1 Like

How effective … it really draws the eye.

I get mine from Ebay.

1 Like

Now why didn’t I think of that! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

They’re in the Arts n Craft Section.

1 Like

Thanks! I see them now…cheaper than Amazon, with 10% off for multibuy. That’s fabulous!

I’ve just looked on ebay … goodness, I need to lie down. It’s too much for me.

2 Likes

Some of them do get clogged but when they work, they’re spectacular on the page. They have a nice sparkle to them in the light.

This is the best image I could find that catches a bit of glimmer in the light.

I also have one that has a silver outline to them. I don’t know how it does it, but it’s pretty neat.

Looks like this, but it was called Sakura gelly roll lightning, when I bought them.

2 Likes

They are so pretty! So the silver is like a contour line around the colour itself then?

1 Like

I just looked at my color samples again. It’s actually the silver in the middle and the color around it. The silver makes the sparkle If you look closely, but from farther away, you see the other color.

Edit: It’s really a bit like an optical illusion because the line is not that thick. The width of the lines are about the width of a medium to broad ballpoint pen.

2 Likes

Oooh that makes it look even more intriguing :+1:

1 Like

Pixie, Do you have access to a good supply of stones? I get mine in the Beach Caves and along the shore lines.

2 Likes

Yes Rox, I have a whole box of them collected over the years, along with shells. I am about 40 mins for the beach by train so I guess I could go stone picking. The thing is…and this sounds weird - I prefer the natural beauty of stones and couldn’t bring myself to paint on them. So…I’d need to look for ugly ones :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m a bit fussy myself, I can look for ages before I choose. I have to get just the correct ones. :roll_eyes: :smirk:

Yes I can be a bit like that too. I have still to find a hag stone…that’s my goal for this year. I think they are lovely.

They are, but not much good for painting. I’ve seen a few over the years but left them as they were not what I was looking for. I like the really smooth thin ones, about 4ins, the kind you’d use for skimming.

Crayons? Do they still make those?