Do You Know Where Your Kids Are Now?

Do you keep an eye on where your kids are? Making sure they don’t get into mischief? As it happens I can follow the progress of my two sons at the moment.

One is anchored off Moreton Island in lovely weather preparing to chart shipping channels after the recent floods (I think)

The other is sailing through the Malacca Straits bound for Singapore after visiting India

These maps use the AIS system to report their position which the pops up on these web sites this one is for ships but there is one for aircraft called “Flightradar24”

Unfortunately it doesn’t always work because warships turn theirs off unless they are in high traffic areas.

But anyway I can keep an eye on them a lot of the time :wink:

The flight radar is a bit more interesting because planes move faster. Relive the excitement of my brother’s return from diving on the Great Barrier Reef.

2 Likes

I think I might understand why warhips turn theirs off.

Putin might like to know where to post his missiles to.

One lives in Cumbria.

Number two, moved from London to Basingstoke.

Number 3 lives in Newbury at the moment, plans on moving soon…

It’s not Russia they are worried about

Interesting. We have three from my side. Cumbria, Nottingham, and the last is in London. Then there is the other side side of the pond. Atlanta, Georgia.

Yes, I do.
Son is watching TV here & daughter lives down the road & around the corner, she was here earlier.

Son is in Perth watching films with his pal. Daughter is in Dundee getting ready for an early night, had a bad day at work and is stressed out.

No idea where my kids are now, they are adults and able to look after and make decisions for themselves. If I wanted to know they are only a phone call away

I enjoy their visits and visiting them but there is nothing sadder than adults still tied to their parents apron strings.

1 Like

Absolutely agree Brucy!

Each to their own,eh, Brucy.

Some grown up children, rely heavily on their parents to help them look after their own children, grandparents play a vital role in helping their children, so they can work full time…:+1:

I’m one of those parents…only my youngest doesn’t have children, “ Yet”…:heartpulse:

How can we know where our adult kids are? I know where my son lives but I don’t know his every move, I used to need to know where he was as he has ADHD but now he is on medication and finding his own way in life better, he is finding his own independence too. I needed this to happen because what happens when his Dad and I are no longer around.

He phones, texts or calls at my house regularly as he knows I’m still worrying about him due to his ADHD, it’s been a long time coming to be able to know my son IS going to be ok in the wide world…he’s 40 next month, but only recently did we get the help we so needed all these years and for his brain to be treated with medications that help wire his brain correctly. Is this off topic? Sorry if it is, it started off on topic lol

More news, the bastards keep turning off their AIS so who knows where they are? Perhaps I should ask the Chinese because I expect that the frigate is now in the South China Sea.

Meanwhile my youngest son is lounging about off Caloundra making up Scottie’s ADF numbers helping with the Queensland flood rescues.