Do you believe ignorance is bliss?

Would you rather be aware and cognizant or naive and unaware?
Personally I am very aware of what is happening around me and world affairs. I can’t imagine not keeping up with those things that affect all of us.

1 Like

Neither can I. I’d choose the former and would tend to agree to your thread title, too. The question addressed there had obviously been noticed by our predecessors as sayings like “What you don’t know won’t hurt you” to some extent reflect. It’s not clear, though, if it’s really blissful ignorance or a demonstrative lack of interest and the ignorance being only feigned. A broad issue. Just thinking of the Dunning-Kruger effect and cognitive biases.

1 Like

Well, humans are training AI to do all the thinking, so what does that say?

1 Like

If you are helpless to change things ignorance might be the better option .
That’s why it’s better we don’t know the future .ie our own

2 Likes

Very true Muddy.

1 Like

As a guy once wrote “got no use for the tricks of Modern Times”

(except leccy bikes)

can’t let hypocrisy creep in

1 Like

I often like to be in ignorance yet at the same time aware . I find the horrors of the news , media and TV very upsetting and will only listen or watch briefly some headlines . Living alone , also a sensitive I take on board the deep sadness and the fear . So I try to keep my world small , my home my sanctuary , offer kindness to others . I fear deeply for our world , so hope in some small way I can leave behind a bit of love .

We are fed such horrors its disturbing and best to live in blissfull ignorance .

:pray:

the heading " Do you believe ignorance is bliss? :102:

2 Likes

Always have preferred the former. How else can you prepare for future actions if you are not aware of what’s happened already?

My grandfather used to say, " Stay sharp as a tack, else land on your back"

So true!

1 Like

If a situation is impossible ignorance might be bliss .

2 Likes

It can be sometimes

I remember when my youngest son left home for Uni.

He was a bit of a rebel and a tearaway and I well remember the sleepless nights waiting to hear him trying to creep in quietly at 3pm. I could never sleep until he got in

I still worried about what he was up to ( and believe me, there was a lot to worry about)

But I didn’t know which nights he was out on the town, what time he got in etc and ignorance was bliss, at least I got some sleep!

2 Likes